Old 10-08-2008, 05:34 PM
RSandy
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1st up, out came the engine..

and then i went to PJ motorsport with plenty of cash and bought the new toys..

also found a bargain turbo, 2nd hand but only covered 600 miles on my mates car before he decided to break it. turbo is a turbo technics stage 2 hybrid t3

block was stripped down, rebored and honed to suit the new oversized mahle pistons, and then painted gloss black...

also had the crank reground due to 1 slight score, but better to be safe than sorry, matched to the heavy duty bearing kit i purchased

also began refurbing parts to make the bay look classier than before, so went with dark colours this time...

inlet manifold..

rocker cover and crossover pipe..

and other random engine bits i had blasted and painted..

it was decided that for storage reasons, due to an impending house move, the head would be assembled and packed away, but the block would stay in its component pieces. making it so i didnt get a hernia getting it all into the loft!! lol

head rebuild..

head had a very light skim, as was a very very low mileage item anyways, the ports were left standard, and the main change being the piper 285t/2 cam kit fitted, along with the adjustable vernier

basic spec of the engine is:

standard spec mahle pistons, block rebored to suit
standard rods, shot peened
reground crank, with heavy duty bearing kit
standard head with piper 285t/2 cam kit and vernier
uprated oil pump
new waterpump
cosworth fuel pump
radtec fmic with twin fans
turbosystems chipped ecu
mongoose 2.5inch exhaust system
turbo technics stage 2 hybrid t3 with -31 actuator
standard airbox

nearly 3 years later this is still in bits, but soon to go together, now the body is near completion (that update will floow on...)