Old 14-07-2008, 04:24 PM
vibrating_cake
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

small update!!
been figuring this out for a while.. how to get LEGAL "HID's" or just better lights onto the capri.
for one my lights arent projector lights, and two they are absolout and utter CRAP!
even with brighter bulbs im not happy with them.
sooooo, my results are these £20 from a nice scrapyard

(hmm i seem to have hit the limit on the number of allowed images on photobucket... ah well!!!!)

here they are

taken from a bmw 3 sieres i think, but the right size for the capri, just need to drill a couple of holes in the baseplate of the existing lights, find a few washers and bolts to take care of the ajustment (for MOT etc) and re-wire the plugs onto the existing capri wires, and there we have it. new headlights
if these dont make me happy on normal xeon bulbs (or whatever they are called) ill be able to convert to HID wooyea (i hope)
anyway, progress report to come in about 2 weeks time when im on holiday from uni!

new toys for fitting

self explanitory really... cheap way out of the problem of overheating brakes, and the fact i need new disks, so i thought i'd try them for myself

new pads coming soon too

this is to stop this happening... (sorry for crap pics)

yep... thats a glowing red brake disk which comes out in a nice glazed mess after cooling

a few better pics

and fitted brakes,,, taken the shroud off the brakes which restricted airflow around the disk, so this should help too (rather like this shroud)

weedy haha =)

lights fitted AND wired

only took 4 hours!

first of all, origional lights out

and out of the baseplate

then get ur new light.... and modify it to fit (i.e. chopping the BMW supports off... lol)

with a cowboys favourite tool... the angle grinder!

then modify the baseplate of the lights to accept the new slightly wider lights...

dont forget the large and bleeding annoying tube for the sidelights

done by the favourite, angle grinder

then repeat on nearside light cluster and bolt back on.

now, the wiring, ive decided NOT to go the cowboy rout, so propper wiring was done, using the ORIGIONAL BMW plugs

then, put ur lights in and test!

repeat on offside

then test functionality of all lights

and marvel at ur work

oh yea... with the new deeper lights, changing a bulb now means the baseplate has to be removed and re-inserted due to the new, deeper lights...
but being projectors, im 1 step closer to LEGAL HID's

old

and the new

now im waiting till dark to align the lights properly and see how they go