Old 20-03-2008, 08:22 PM
godzilla
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XRT_si
Great advice thanks.

So would you recommend I do no running what so ever? As i want to be fitter too as I want to start boxing later this year and I am defo gaining something out of the runs as its easier each time.

Would you say not to bother with any supplements at all then? I dont always have the time (i have a busy job/lifestyle) to eat several times a day though obviously I still eat decent meals. Would the supplements help make up for that or is it a total waste of time in reality?

I think it's good to enjoy doing it, though obviously its hard at times, but then it's supposed to be
The other thing I'd like to know is when I first started and up till quite recently I used to regularly ache the day after a good gym session, which I was told is good, as it shows the muscles are repairing themselves bigger.

But lately I dont get the same aches, is it because i am not pushing myself enough now or do your muscles get used to the 'stress'.

Cheers again, very much appreciated.

You want to start boxing later this year, are you far from Milton Keynes as i run a class doing Kickboxing, your more than welcome to come along and see what you think.

At the mo' I would concentrate on building your body then maybe do a bit of jogging in 8-10 weeks time. You must give your body a shock by hitting it hard and heavy with the weights. Supp's are good meal replacements. I take a protien shake to work with me as sometimes I dont have a chance for a break so just neck down a protien shake as well as eating some easy foods whilst working like boiled eggs.

The aches are easing up, dont worry, your body is growing and has started to adjust so the aches will ease a bit.