View Single Post
Old 19-03-2008, 10:21 PM
3i_gaz
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 2.0 zetec si fiesta project.

I bought this last october as a non runner, RAC thought the cambelt had snapped

i got it home, checked it out and found out the belt hadnt snapped, it had a spark, but no compression on 2 and 3. it had cooked the gasket.

i stripped the head off the car the day after and could see where the gasket had failed, the head got sent off for a skim and pressure test. i got it back a few days later all sorted. the car then sat for months, i started taking out the audio install that was in the boot of the car and all the power cables etc... as they wont be needed.

i've left the front components and 6*9's in the shelf for now while i run it on the road with full interior. they will soon be coming out for 2 buckets and some carbon doorcards and flocked dash.

built the head back up saturday and chucked it back on the car, when i took the waterpump off to replace it, the impellor on the back had broken into 4 pieces and was jsut sitting inside the block, so was good to find out why the gasket had gone in the first place.

the car had a cambelt kit fitted not long before i bought the car, so the cowboys obviously hadnt fitted a pump on.

the car is now built up with fresh head set, bolts, waterpump, cambelt and tensioner kit etc...

it runs ok but has a hesitation over 5000 revs, but i think it may be partly down to the fuel thats been in it for about 8 months!! so gonna run an injerctor cleaner through it, some fresh plugs, clean the air filter and drop the oil next weekend when its taxed and insured.

the plan is to run it on the road, take it the ring in may, do alot of trackdays. then at the end of the year when av got some track experience maybe get some bike carbs and megasquirt on it.

the car is on a 2.0 mondeo grey top zetec. standard engine to my knowledge.

pipercross airfilter, powerflow stainless cat back (too loud), S1 turbo LSD gearbox, Cossie 4x4 front brakes, Gaz height and dampening adjustable coilovers, 16 inch pro race 2's

not had silly amounts of money thrown at it, but its good spec for a reliable track car IMO and for what it stands me i could break the car for ALOT more than a payed for it

pics.....

the car as a whole....