Old 12-01-2008, 01:29 PM
Chris Latham
Parts Restoring Nutter

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Once i removed the sill i noticed that at the rear there is a bracket that is factory spot welded to the sill. This was far to gone to repair so i will try and make one that looks as near as original. Luckily i have guillotines, folders, presses, shrink & Stretch machines and swage machines at work so it shouldnt be too hard to do

Passenger side was same

Below pic shows the holes that were in the sills, which is the reason why the brackets mentioned above are rusted to fook

A closer pic of my cut line and you can make out the centre bodykit section mount holes that i mentioned earlier

This is the stage of my spit at the moment. My welder mate is finishing it off this weekend so will hopefully be mounted to car on sun/mon

But me being me and wanting to crack on witht the underside i improvised LOL

The worst job ever ale: scraping off 17 year old underseal @ 1am

So nice to see factory grey primer

Rear belly of floor pan had a huge dent in where some must of slipped with the jack so i hammered it using my dolly set. Came out a treat (Dark grey bit)

Totally Flat

This has got to be the worst design ford did :wft: :wft: putting so many drain holes in the floor to bulkhead support plate as water gets in there and rots our poor floor pans away. Most series 1 & 2's rot on the inside near this place and we can all see why

Im gonna cut mine out and manufacture another plate for both sides.
something a bit modified but keeping the drain holes.

Also found a plate that somebody previous had welded in without cutting old shite out :wft: