Old 12-01-2008, 01:09 PM
Chris Latham
Parts Restoring Nutter

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its update time

Can i just say a massive big thanks to Dave AKA Monster for helping me get my engine out last weekend. CheeRS mate. Top Man

Well last sat this is where we started

With my forklift skills and daves engine removal skills the engine was out in no time with no skinned knuckles and no head scratching.
It dropped faster than a whore's knickers lmao lmao

First we gently took the weight while the subframe was unbolted

And dropped onto blocks. After a quick inspection by the man himself :hehe: :hehe: i took the forklift out of the way.

Then we raised the car to give us enough clearence to just pull the engine out using a pallet truck. Easy peasy

And voila. Engine bay without the engine

Now as the engine come in quick sharp time Dave had even had time to remove all my glass so armed with a trusty screwdriver out come the rear quarters, rear screen and because my front screen was all murky white on the bottom and will be replaced we just pushed the front screen out cracking it everywhere lol.

During the course of this week ive been working overtime to get the car stripped including everything in the engine bay, brake servos, lines, fuel lines, steering rack etc then under the rear of the car removing all the suspension, fuel tank, all brake and fuel lines and all of which ive taken photos of. I can put pics up if you like but there are only of clips etc and where everything goes.

All suspension off

I couldnt resist having a bit of a rub lmao lmao

And finally this is how the car is sitting at the moment

Its getting there peeps

Tonight i have been attacking the engine. Removing all abs pumps n belts etc and removed the gearbox so that i can put the engine on a stand.

The Gearbox itself was in superb condition but for piece of mind it will be going to get stripped and checked out and while doing this i will get the casing bead blasted to get it all bufty new again.

Hope your all enjoying this thread cos i certainly am enjoying showing you all the concourse preperation of my Series 2

cheeRS

Chris