Old 03-11-2007, 10:36 PM
jayRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my new run around, and my next project, mk2 xr2

as i started a post on FT.com ive copied it from there, just so you know if my second post doesnt make sence to the first as other peoples replys off ft have not been copied over.

got a new car, well, another car, the rs is being kept, NOT replaced.

been wanting another xr2 for a couple years now, takes me back to my youth, well im only 27 mut you know what i mean, my very first car was a b reg xr2 which i got a week before passing my test in july 97, kept her till about may/june 98 then got second xr2 which was red, kept her untill oct 98 then i got my FRST in the november 98 and have had the rs ever since, with different cars coming and going, like loads of xr2 which ended up as breakers or that but always wanted another, so yesterday (30th oct) i picked it up
guy cashed the tax in before i could offer to buy it so it came with no tax, the 1-2 months mot he thought it had turned out to be 2 days when he found the MOT cert which means its out today so basiscly no tax or MOT

i paid £250 for it, would liked to of got it a bit cheaper but i lost out on 1 months back for £50 and the other one i looked at for £150 had no T&T and was focked, needed a new front end due to rust, and 2 doors and was rusty on the roof etc, and this ones not bad.
for those in the know, in the 80's ford suffered with bad rot problems sdue to cheap steel being used in spain, this being a C plate 85, was built with the better steel so isnt bad, its not mint and i didnt expect to find mint for what i was willing to pay but its very solid and gen in a lot better nick that i expected, even the bonnet dont have any rust :aaah:

i havent had it up and looked over it yet but i belive there is minor work for the MOT needed, welding is one , but tell me a MK2 that hasnt needed welding

so plan is, get it moted next week, taxed, change the insurance over that i still got running on my last car and use here as a driver till rs is done then its project time with it, looks will be kept std with the wheels being changed to the ones that are on my rs now, and them wheel were got in the first place for my last red xr2 :Q
engine wise, a 2 litre zetec, no turbo not throttle bodies etc etc, just a 2 litre zetec pulled out and put in, if the mondeo inlet dont fit which im expecting it not to, i shall make a custom one as my machine shop will be up and running but then, (i hope) but thats way off, for now, do the repairs for mot, oil and filter change, cam belt change and renew the rocker cover gasket as its pi$$ing oil out.

updates as and when
shes a driver, but was towed due to manifold gasket leak (loud!) and no tax or MOT

pics,

what crap did i find in the car ooh:

from the glove box

auto glym, 1 pot near empy other not much more, t cut 3/4 full

in the boot, hmm 2 spent shot gun shells

and a nice minging mouldy sock that used to be white..... i think

i forgot to get a pic of the mc flurry cut complete with spoon tucked under the corner of the back seat whioch was mouldy too
thats a point, i fogot to take it out ooh:

this was my first xr2, B reg, as you see it is as i got it, all i done was added the spots under the bumper, dont ask why cos i dunno my self

second car, which came on steels but got graced with brand new alloys (which then went on my rs and will come off and go om new xr2)