View Single Post
Old 19-10-2007, 11:13 PM
rudeboy
Regular Contributor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote="rsnissan"]

when you taking the engine out then

Thanks Andy ... I have seen the trouble you have caused with your banter This has taken me long enough as it is and I want it on the roads before it gets to hot ... no aircon and Australian summers remember

I'm not sure how many are in Australia, off the top of my head I can think of 4-5 three doors that I know of that get driven but there would be many more than that (does anyone know?) ... I know many are tucked away and hidden. You never see them on the roads but there is often a car advertised for sale.

Anyway here's some pics to show you the level of detail I am going to.

Fluid bottles out and getting a clean (PAS is done to ... no pics though). I have bought a sticker kit for the bay and a black cap for the header tank.

Before ...

after ...

The brackets were looking a little scabby so they got blasted and painted by me in my makeshift spray booth! ...

Has anyone else got rubber inserts on their MAP sensor bracket ... mine are a bit second hand and I want to replace them but when I asked the question it seems that nuts welded onto the bracket and no rubber is the norm

Anyway I got rid of this (it looked worse in the flesh) ...

and bolted on this ...

then I sanded down (as it was a bit crusty to) and sprayed my bonnet stay and whacked in a new fitting kit

Yes I have polished my bonnet

and this needs a polish ...

More to come.

Moser