View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 07:36 AM
John Savage
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird
The only thing I would say about Chris's advice is that the 380mm x 32mm Monster 6 brake kit uses top notch Performance Friction discs, where as the 310x28mm disc are a BMW disc with the centres machine out for the fitment of alloy bells. Obviously they will not be as good as the Performance Friction ones due to the superior quality of material and more crucially the larger size. So you can't make a direct comparison.

Also, it is the use of Ferodo DS2500 pads with your existing set up that has been the cause of warping the discs. Basically with the weight of your car, the small size of the discs and the small matter of 500bhp is just TOO MUCH for these pads, hence why switching to the DS3000s is the correct move in this instance. I think also, that I would also make them convert them to a floating arrangement (using the AP bobbins) for an additional £50, this would give the discs more of a fighting chance of staying true with the kind of abuse you give them .

Obviously with Chris's set-up, the DS2500s have no problem staying cool, due to the size of the discs on his car .
cheers mike, can you email me a price to convert my brakes with the AP bobbins please.