Thread: My MK4 Project
View Single Post
Old 14-01-2007, 12:17 PM
m0n0x1d3
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My MK4 Project

Bought this 3dr MK4 99 1.4 Zetec a couple of months ago and thought i post some pics up of what it looks like.

I bought the fez at 70k on the clock, had it checked out and the previous owner had recently replaced the wishbone. All for £500 (sound system included, headunit, 2 6x9's and a 12" pioneer subwoofer)

The first lot of work i did to it was replace everything that was nearing it's end. I input a new rad fan, new clutch, new ignition/starter. (little bits and peices not really worth mentioning.)

My first modification was probably one of the biggest mistakes i could've done. Big schoolboy error, i fitted a set of 16" OZ SuperT alloys on. Completely forgot that multi-spoke alloys are very hard to pull off on a small car, and the fact that the 16's are just too big, they make the car look as if it's on stilts and they're causing some strain/clunking sounds which i can't seem to find the source of.

(pictures are a bit poor, it was a rainy day)

I also fitted and sprayed some BMW Evo wing mirrors, the main advantage of this is that it covers the balck bracket that the standard mirrors had.

To add some finishing touches to the side view i added some clear side repeaters, however unfortunately a few days later some idiot drove into the side of my car, snapping my tracking rod, scuffing and scratching my alloy and buckling my front left hand wing.

My next moves were to fit some Angel-Eye projector headlights, however they rings had what i think is a blue led fitted inside which is partially died out. if anybody has any advice on how to replace this let me know. At the same time i fitted a badgeless grill and sprayed it myself.

My last move was fitting some anti-roll bars and Black LED Techno Taillights.

Basically this is my car as it is..nothing special but it's getting there. I'm only 18 on low wage so it's all taking time at the moment.

(the rear window tints were already on there when i bought it, i'm going to peel them off and stick some decent tints on there.

The next stages of my project
- Fix the front left wing
- Roll out the arches (need some advice on this)
- Lower the car either 25mm or 40mm
- Add some new window tints
- Fit K&N or Pipercross Induction Kit
- Fit new exhaust kit
- Full body paint job (getting a very cheap deal for very good quality)

As i said it's what i've been able to do so far on my wage packet but it's the best i can do. Still very nippy with the 1.4 Zetec-S engine, great cornering, however loses out on the straight against the 1.25 Zetec fiestas. The previous owner did run this car pretty hard so the engine is probably pretty worn. Anybody have any advice on giving this car an extra spark without changing the engine size (i'm only 18 so insurance is a problem)

Cheers