View Single Post
Old 09-01-2007, 04:59 PM
Pob5454

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A cautionary tale for you! I looked at doing a replica about 8 years ago when the first kit came about with Carlton Autos.

Only problem was when I called the insurance for a quote, as soon as I mentioned it was a full copy, they asked me for the value. They then said the same value would be the insurance quote!

I asked why and his words were "if it looks like one, it'll get stolen like one, and we don't expect you do have it by the end of the year!!". I'll never forget that!

Cosworths have lost their limelight appeal since then, and the scum of society have focused more on the Subarus now so its likely that the insurance will be much cheaper, but I wouldn't expect it to be similar value to that of a standard 1.6.

Just to be aware that its worth calling around for insurance now to get some quotes. If it isn't all declared, it isn't insured.

I still check the replicas every week though on ebay! hehe. The red one is excellent IMO, just needs the lights as mentioned already.

The other one needs the interior tidying up, but the exterior looks pretty good.

I'd definately have a good look at both, and make sure they are as good in the flesh as on the photos.

Good luck mate!