View Single Post
Old 27-12-2006, 03:31 PM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

far easier to drive as well, which means its easier to drive fast, I challenge ANYONE to chase me down my local B roads , power is right where you want it between 2000-6000RPM

As I said, I can't really say too much about the power upgrade as I am giving my car to someone very clever for a few weeks in Jan as a test mule, it might not work but there is every chance that it will be able to produce 350ish on a T34.48 ( might be a different turbo, just depends on what comes up, but its a good development turbo as they are cheap and reliable) while keeping 95% of the T25's response . Also the new generation of injectors (high impedance I think) means that the injectors might be able to be changed to higher flow ones, as they can be driven off EEC IV if the rest of the package is suitable

The idea is to get as much RELIABLE power and torque as possible and keep very very good drivability at a sensible cost, hopefully the ONLY items that will need to be changed are the turbo and exhaust manifold as they are the big restrictions. A T3 is no good really as its compressor map is only very slighty better at the top end than the T25, so not worth the effort so T34.48 it is, and the T25 exhaust manifold is smaller bore in the neck, so a normal 4x4 item is the ideal replacement, but a T25 one can be ported out if you like, but again its not reall worth the effort when a 4x4 one is less than £40 . Hopefully the MAF and MAP sensor that normally restrict power won't need to be changed either

As said, watch this space at the end of Jan/ early Feb, i'm as excited as anything . I would tell you a bit more but its not really my place as I don't want to put the guys doing it under any pressure or build you up too much if it dosn't work