Old 24-12-2006, 08:15 AM
ian sibbert
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tev
charge temps r always an issue, it can cause a car 2 over heat even when sittin in traffic. if the air enterin the inlet of a engine is hot it will transfer the haet in 2 the engine, (radiation), thiers only so much heatthe car radiator can get rid of when sittin still, thats why u have fans on a car,

1 of the main causes of head gasket failer is from heat, in most cases the head gasket will go round cylinder number 4 which is the 1 closest 2 the bulk head,

Ur Bhp will b closets 2 best possible figures (in the right conditons) when W,I is swiched on cause cold air is denser than warm air, the denser the air is the better the combustion rater is, thats why on a cold day ur car will feel faster and it feels like it pulls stronger
In theory you are right but you would not your W.I. mapped to run with no boost present, most systems operate around 42 degrees ACT, half a bar of boost and 2K rpm.

I have both systems on my car and we would only override and use either after a very hard stage in the middle of summer queing before we go into another stage, I doubt u'd ever use W.I. or I.S.S. overridden on a road car, how long are you planning to sit in traffic for? It will have some effect and is worthwhile but I wouldn't get too excited about W.I. it will stop det not prevent head gasket failure IMO, we have modifications to the head to prevent that.....