View Single Post
Old 18-12-2006, 01:09 PM
Dave Henshall
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it all depends really,

IMO it is how clean the car is - age related wear and tear IMO are ok as they are sypathetic to the age, any damage or rot should be dealt with though.

i won 3rd place a few years back at ford fair in my 4x4 saph, 1st and second places went to the guys who at the time won every standard classs cosworth concourse - they turned up with them on trailers with d40 tyres etc, literally ornaments, at least mine was driven there and was driven every day to work, and i still came 3rd - was damn hard work though getting it prepared - remember i had a a few guys come up asking how the hell did i dare drive it in for fear of getting it dirty - to which i replied, you should see it every day - it goes down a 1 mile sand/mud track and back - it was just i'd taken it off the road for 1 week to prepare it - made me feel good inside though knowing that i was the best therother than the trophy boys.... but that was back when i didnt have my own house, was nt getting married and had a lot more free time on my hands -