View Single Post
Old 23-11-2006, 08:12 PM
redrsmk5
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow mate looks like you've been busy and youre finally fitting the cooler too!!!! If you lived a bit closer id love to help you out with both jobs.....They were an arse but i just love doing this kind of stuff. Nice to see youre having a little clean too

Adamski: Its easy really....I rang round loads of well know tuners in the northwest and midlands area for quotes on fitting and they were all a lot of ££££ or booked up for weeks so i got the manual out and had a go. If you have the time, patience, and the right tools fitting the breather is easy.

I have a small turbo and so i havent gone into the rocker cover as after doing some research on the web it said that wasnt neccessary. I fitted a mirror image tank so i hope this is useful to you im not sure how different it is to fit the small round pot......On the turbo side underneath the manifold there is a threaded blank in the block that should just undo with a good socket. The narrowest port from the bottom of the mirror image tank goes from here to the threaded adaptor that you will get in the fitting kit.

There is a small pipe that goes into the sump on a 4X4 on the inlet side,pull this off and one of the ports (preferably the bottom one) from the tank connects onto this.

Once the flame trap is out of the block you need to fit the other pipe in the fitting kit into this hole for the remaining pipe to fit too.This should go onto the top port of the mirror tank.

The remaining pipe should be the widest one which just vents to atmosphere at the bottom of the car.

Hope this has helped......i searched on here a lot before i attempted mine as its widely discussed and theres some great information on fitting breather kits and pictures on here if youre willing to look.

Good Luck