View Single Post
Old 18-10-2006, 01:10 AM
seand
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sibster
Originally Posted by Rich_w
Why? Theres no limit to technology used (AFAIK) just the restrictor. So you can have a car that conforms to the rules, yet makes significantly more than 300BHP.

Ford, Subaru, Citroen, Mitsi etc all know this and Im 95% sure they all do they same.
You can tell youve never been to scrutineering anywhere in the world...at club level they are like rottweilers...at world level they are even stricter...the cars are checked at the end of each leg for infringements...I think you should ask Ove Anderson about fines from tampering with turbo restictors...

Most the points raised to have some bearing on the current WRC cars but major factors are tyre technology, damper technology, transmission and more to the point gearchange times/semi auto box - launch control, weight distribution, aerodynamics, materials used, the cars themselves as a package are easier to drive which combined with the fittest/best people driving them...you wont see Seb Loab smoking as well as being very committed he is extremely fit....I remember seeing Markko Alen eating fags in service....back in the Grp 'B' days rallys were won on longevity not just speed so you had more chance to catch up...not the case now...

All the wrc cars ive ever seen produce approx 310 bhp with approx 600lbs/ft of torque....as said above similar to the latest grp'n' subaru N12 car
very good response. exactly my thoughts. my best friend has been appointed chief scrutineer for the forthcoming rally ireland.
always remember poor old Ove. Toyota paid heavily for that infringement.
also seb was a top class gymnast as well. he is super fit.
and yes you are right about markku alen. serious man for the cigs!!