Thread: GTR32 rebuild
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2006, 11:00 AM
TFS
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

while we to work out why it wont start it gives some time to fit the gauges..

all we know at this point is that the engine blew from a suspected lean condition (see piston ringland pics on page one)

we cant really run this at anything other than idle without first checking and confirming fuelling is correct

here you can see a AEM UEGO wideband controller, a "pyrometer" for exhaust gas temprature display and a oil pressure display (it has one in the spedo as stock and TBH ill be swoping this over for a oil temp guage ASAP)

i also installed a "knocklink" display in the upper part of the speedo to monitor detonation, these are not "that good" really and in my experiance they tend to monitor misfires more than anything else so ill be checking for detonation with "det cans" (we will come to this later), far cheaper, more professoinal and far more dependable if you have a good ear

we also have a intake temp guage, it was a cheap ebay item i must admit but i do not expect intake temps to be that high with the size of this intercooler and the fact that ill be using a maximum of 1BAR pressure, the install is a bit "crap" lol, ill have to do that properly in the future

here we have a fuel pressure guage, its just for monitoring pressure at idle but will come in handy if i need to install a fuel pressure regulator to increase fuelling slightly

the fuel guage T piece.....an easy and cheap way of hooking the guage up to the supply, here we see it prior to installiation

a boost controoler is obviously a must, the car came with this controller and ill give it the benifit of the doubt and use it to help set the car up

i needed to get a load of wires into the cockpit for these guages.....the bulkhead wire point is just behind the passenger wheel arch, quite easy to get them through when you know where it is, you may need to remove the passenger footwell plastics to retrieve them from the cockpit side

the wideband unit and pyrometer will both need to be installed in the exhaust, really the pyrometer should be installed before the turbo, here you see it right after the rear turbo