View Single Post
Old 22-12-2005, 07:54 PM
vyper developments
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all
here is a photo of the Digital Temp Display as fitted to my 2WD Cossie in place of the original amp, this has been fitted for around 18 months now and has been a tremendous help in setting up the car as well as giving me peace of mind knowing exactly whats happening when pressing on. For example during the summer months I have been seeing up to 135 degrees from the compressor outlet at 1.5 bar!!!!!

As you will see from the picture there are 2 displays, the one of the left indicates: 1 outside air/airbox temp, 2 engine coolant temp, 3 engine oil temp. A rotary switch selects the function 1,2 or 3 and a coloured LED indicates which is selected.

The right hand display indicates: 1 air charge temp from compressor outlet, 2 air charge temp from intercooler outlet, 3 exhaust gas temp upstream of turbo. again these are selected by a rotary switch.

I have set it up this way so I can monitor the boost and exhaust temps in relation to outside air temp on the left hand display.

This particular temp display is not confined to just these parameters it can in fact be used to measure any temperature in any environment from -20 degreees C up to a maximum of 1350 degrees, having said that I am currently working on a updated design which will do away with the negative temp capability as I consider this unecessary. The updated design is a smaller stand alone self contained display/gauge unit and will be fitted on top of the dash this will also feature a selectable temp switch for control of waterspray, extra fans, warning lights etc. I hope to have this finished and installed in the car early next year. Will post pictures when installed.

CheeRS, Mike