Old 25-11-2005, 08:26 PM
jr
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by James
There is alot of difference and the lettering on the back differs a hell of a lot.

Generally;

all silver TDi = 90

Red i = 110 upto 2000 ish

Red Di = 115 or 130

GT TDi upto 2000 ish = 110 with nice trim etc

I'm pretty sure the 150 was simply badged as GTi and is pretty hard to tell the difference between the petrol equivelent.

Personally i like the 90/110 engines as theres less electronics to go wrong, imho they sound smoother and again imho seem to have less problems than the others. I know of several 115/130's that have needed re-con turbos and the odd one with a bent con rod. & every 150 i know of has quite a few oil leaks from various places, not sure why but oil leaks seems to be a bit of a problem on the 150.

But with good maintaince a 150 would be the ultimate choice if consistantly travelling long distance.

Also a golf with a all red TDi badge is a fake, this wasn't used on the golf.

They are very well screwed together but do have they're faults, it's just it's such a good car the owners never seem to mind, rear wiper motors, window regulators, brake pedel switches & drivers door locks always seem to fail. Quite frustrating really when you look at competitors which just don't have these problems.

Oh and i'm pretty sure all the engines can be tuned to 200bhp.
Red badge was used from the facotory, seen 3 or 4 cars deliervd stright to the PDI centre with red badging