Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Boost problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 07:41 AM
Lukehale90
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boost problems

Hi everyone, I've not long brought myself a focus titanium 2.0l tdci. I had the engine management light come up with codes of p0490 and p2263 so I took it to the garage and the glow plugs needed doing aswell and I was told to change the boost pressure sensor/ map sensor which I have done and this should cancel the codes down which it hasn't done. The problems I have had with the car is not starting straight away and white smoke kicking out also sometimes when first started it won't rev above 1000 rpm even with my foot to the floor. If anyone could help I would really appreciate it.
Old 10-12-2016, 08:08 PM
3i Jim
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 118 Likes on 93 Posts

It might be worth while doing an injector leak test.
The following users liked this post:
Lukehale90 (11-12-2016)
Old 10-12-2016, 09:27 PM
lesley7
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Lukehale90
Hi everyone, I've not long brought myself a focus titanium 2.0l tdci. I had the engine management light come up with codes of p0490 and p2263 so I took it to the garage and the glow plugs needed doing aswell and I was told to change the boost pressure sensor/ map sensor which I have done and this should cancel the codes down which it hasn't done. The problems I have had with the car is not starting straight away and white smoke kicking out also sometimes when first started it won't rev above 1000 rpm even with my foot to the floor. If anyone could help I would really appreciate it.
after changeing any sencors it will probably need pluging back in again to wipe any existing fault codes if done the other way arround can still cause probs with limp mode allot of white smoke can be large amont of oil being burnt small amounts usually burn a blue colour plug it back in first if the same start to look at oil getting past the turbo then do a pressure test on the head gasket or a snif test exsesive feul getting past useually get black smoke
The following users liked this post:
Lukehale90 (11-12-2016)
Old 12-12-2016, 03:02 PM
Lukehale90
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right I've changed the map sensor which has cleared the boost problem but the egr valve problem is still there. Is there anyway of checking to see if the egr valve is knackered or its a electronic problem???
Old 13-12-2016, 10:02 PM
lesley7

Right I've changed the map sensor which has cleared the boost problem but the egr valve problem is still there. Is there anyway of checking to see if the egr valve is knackered or its a electronic problem???
if i remember right i think you used to be able to pull of the wireing plug to the egr valve and eliminate it that way some of the real early valves you could make up a blanking plate remove it all together might be where some of the smoke could be comeing from you can allso take it of and soke it in carb cleaner or in my case ive used mr muscle they can get carboned up more common probs are shit idle lack of power some timea pinking noise ray
Old 13-12-2016, 10:10 PM
lesley7

if i remember right i think you used to be able to pull of the wireing plug to the egr valve and eliminate it that way some of the real early valves you could make up a blanking plate remove it all together might be where some of the smoke could be comeing from you can allso take it of and soke it in carb cleaner or in my case ive used mr muscle they can get carboned up more common probs are shit idle lack of power some timea pinking noise ray