Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Strange noises

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 11:04 AM
Jasoncmor
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange noises

Hi all

My car is a mk5 fiesta Zetec-s

I have some really annoying noises coming from the front & rear of my car and its driving me insane and I just want to fix them, but don't know what the problem is.

I replaced the wishbones, CV joints, drop links, track rod ends, top mounts and bearing, plus suspension and eibach springs a while ago.

I noticed a rubbing noise coming from what I believe was the CV joint, despite being new, when reversing, and accelerating hard, while exiting roundabouts. All this is on the drivers side.

I thought the rear gearbox mount may have been worn allowing the engine to sway more than it should, so I replaced it with a vibra technics one, which really improved the noise and it didnt happen as easily, especially when reversing as it happened most of the time.

The only things I haven't changed are the engine mounts (top & gearbox), the intermediate shaft bearing and the ARB bushes. With the amount of money Ive already spent on the car I dont want to keep throwing money at it in the hope of a part fixing it, id rather only fix whats needed.

I then changedw the wishbones again as the ball joints had gone, plus i replaced the cv joint again thinking the joint was at fault, it improved slightly more again but its not fixed.

Its driving me mad though, I just want it to be fixed.
Could the tracking affect it in any way?

Its at its worst when i'm pulling out of a junction pretty sharpish.
And I cant be sure, but I think its worse when on an incline / decline.

Also another noise, I notice when driving in slow traffic or just when coming to a stop.

When I'm braking and I press the clutch down I get a "twang" sort of noise from the rear N/S, or a creaking noise, but its only if I'm braking and then i press the clutch down, could it be air in the system or something else?

Any help / advice would be appreciated.

Edit: forgot to say, when setting off in the wet / rain and pulling out from a junction there is a lot of knocking on the drivers side if I lose traction, until I regain traction.

Jason
Old 10-04-2016, 11:11 AM
andy.v
PassionFord Regular

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

no tyre rubbing.
Old 12-04-2016, 06:16 PM
Jasoncmor
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope tyres arent rubbing, its not low enough for that lol.