Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Fiesta interior lock issue.

Search this Thread

Old 24-02-2014, 06:13 PM
ajuk
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiesta interior lock issue.

OK so I bought myself another Fiesta from a private seller for £700 a W reg Ghia. I did have it looked over by a mechanic who gave it the all clear but I have found a few problems.

When I lock it the Solenoid fails to pull the lock in on the interior of the driver's side door, this means that with a bit of fiddling you can get the door to unlock itself from the outside just by giving it a few pulls. I sat in the car and locked it with the button on the key fob and the solenoid does appear to be attempting to pull the lock in but it fails, if I push it in myself it will lock fully but it feels stiff, blindly spraying in GT85 does not seam to have solved this problem, the door cover need to come off anyway so that I can put my speakers in. Is this a common fault is it likely to need adjusting and/or lubing and if so what lube should I use?

Another problem is that the heater doesn't work very well, Some times it does sometimes it doesn't, I would guess that I need to replace the heater control valve. I just hope it's not the water pump, the engine temperature does seem to go from cold to half way across the scale after only a few minutes but then it stays there, so I'm guessing it's not the pump.

Lastly the light does not come on in the boot where is the mechanism that controls this, I also intend to check the fuse, one of the linkages between the boot and car looks fried also but this is common the same thing happened on my old car.

I won't complain for £700 being that a dealer wanted £1450 for another MKVI that was the same spec and about the same millage, and I bet I wouldn't have found a decent stereo just lying there in the boot after the last owner had stuck the original back in. I intend to give the sills a fresh coat of lacquer and grind off and body fill the rust patch on the wheel arch and then give the wheel arches some Hammerite on the inside.

Last edited by ajuk; 24-02-2014 at 06:16 PM.
Old 24-02-2014, 07:14 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

central locking motor is probably duff and will need replacing, but don't rule out the actuator cable to the interior lever either

heater control valve in the engine bay on the scuttle panel, 5 minutes to change but you may need to top the water up after

too many wires to be fiddling with but it may just be the switch that goosed
Old 25-02-2014, 11:04 PM
ajuk

Originally Posted by dojj

too many wires to be fiddling with but it may just be the switch that goosed
Yes, where is the switch? I will be fiddling with it, I need the tailgate light, to the extent in my old car I upgraded it to make it brighter.

Last edited by ajuk; 25-02-2014 at 11:19 PM.
Old 27-02-2014, 11:17 AM
ajuk

Can someone tell me wher the MAF sensor is on the mark 5 as it's not in the same place as the mark 4, does it even have one?

Also how do I remove the cover to get to the headlight bulb?