Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Ford Focus Mk1 Sidelight Fault

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 10:29 AM
sbirch10
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Focus Mk1 Sidelight Fault

Hi,

I have a 2001 Mk1 Ford Focus 5 Door hatch. I currently have a fault which is causing the LH sidelight 7.5A fuse to blow when the sidelights are switched on.

The fuse blew a couple of days ago, and on checking the front LH sidelight bulb (5w) had also blown. Replaced the fuse and the bulb and when turning the lights on the fuse blew again.

Have carried out some investigation, and even after disconnecting the LH headlight wiring plug and the LH taillight plug (i.e no load) the fuse still blows when the light switch is turned on.

I have also noticed that the LH headlight levelling motor is not working, although I know this is on a separate circuit. I suspect the fault may be in the wiring plug going into the back of the headlight.

Has anyone has any experience of this?

Thanks
Old 13-02-2014, 12:30 PM
martysmartie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 102 Likes on 100 Posts

With the current conditions check that there is no water ingress in the connectors etc, other than that the wiring must be causing a short circuit.

Martin