Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Ford Focus MK1 (phase 2) indicator problems.

Search this Thread

Old 26-04-2013, 12:22 PM
Wolfeh
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Focus MK1 (phase 2) indicator problems.

Hiya,

Been trawling the board here for a couple of days but to no avail, hence my posting for help.

Got a 2002 Focus TDDi estate that has over the past week developed a rather annoying trait.

When setting or un-setting the alarm, the car keeps the left indicators stuck on permanently about 40% of the time. Takes about 20-30 minutes of toggling the alarm on and off and triggering it to get the indicators to release.

There are absolutely no issues when driving along and indicating, or using the hazards at any point. This only occurs when the alarm is interacted with.

Now I guess it has to be a relay somewhere, but for the life of me I can't find any for want of trying. The dash is pretty much dismantled right now. There are no indicator relays around the steering column (and the issue still remains even when the indicator stalk is disconnected), no indicator relays attached to the hazard switch, no indicator relays in the foot-well or engine bay fuse boxes either.

Have trawled this board for posted detailing their location but with no success there either.

Really could do with a little help here as I'm tearing my hair out now.