Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Zetec on ITB's

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 07:05 PM
STbash
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zetec on ITB's

Getting a little stuck with a few minor details so wondering if any of you kind fellas could point me in the right direction?

focus 1.8 zetec, GSXR750 throttle bodies, making it all work on standard management

daft i know but before i gut it all and run it on the likes of MS i want to see if i can make it all work and run right on standard management just so i can say i did basically..

at the moment im at the point where i have a manifold, the bodies are spaced and i have a plenum (seeing as ill need the MAF)

im just having little issues with details such as idle air, brake servo etc...

1) Fuel regulator
2) Fuel tank vapour purge from solenoid valve.
3) Vacuum signal to fuel tank vapour purge solenoid valve.
4) Front Oil Breather
5) Brake servo
6) Idle air valve

all the above connects into the inlet manifold on a standard car so im guessing in my little project to keep it on standard management ill need all the above into the bodies? or will i, what if anything can be removed??

i was thinking with the brake servo connection to just run it off 2 rather than 4 ie 1 and 3 so its got constant vac, would this be ok? idle air would need to go into all 4 or could i bin off idle air and just have the bodies open a tad on the tick over screw?

any help and advice more than appreciated

martin