Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

???????????????

Search this Thread

Old 14-10-2009, 10:09 AM
noddysfocus
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation ???????????????

hi people i have another strange one for you! I was goin up the a1 last nite and when i hit 1bar of boost in any gear it sort of misfires/fuel cuts but the boost will still climb to 1.5-1.8 bar depending on which gear im in but it wont let you use it if you no what i mean!i dunno if its juat ate a plug,coil pack is on its way or the worst case scenario the fuel pump is packing up!i have been assured that the fuel pump is pretty indestructable on it so any ideas?its a focus rs mk1 btw lol!cheers guys
Old 14-10-2009, 10:32 AM
xr2wishy
Bodger of Blackburn

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

is it chipped?
if not it'll be a timing retard/spark cut to stop you blowing your engine up lol!
have you altered the actuator or fitted a bleed valve recently?
Old 14-10-2009, 10:35 AM
noddysfocus
Virgin

it has a dreamscience map on it mate and the actuator hasnt been touched since it got set up!its recently had a timing belt done about a month ago and its been fine up until last nite!just pottering on it drives fine its only when u cross the 1bar area of boost!it hasnt got a bleed valve either mate i am totally stumped lol!cheers
Old 14-10-2009, 10:40 AM
xr2wishy
Bodger of Blackburn

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

i'd check for pipes coming off things, e.g. map sensor, although that should give a rough idle if faulty.
check plugs and coil pack for signs of wear then.

could just be the gap too big on the plugs and boost is 'blowing' the spark out.
Old 14-10-2009, 10:41 AM
noddysfocus
Virgin

ive checked the coil pack and leads and visually they look fine but u never know whats happening inside lol!my mate has it at his garage and is gonna change the plugs then work backwards from there to try and find out!cheers for your help bud!much appreciated!