Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

TurboCharged MK6 Fiesta

Search this Thread

Old 23-12-2011, 01:26 AM
fonzie1
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TurboCharged MK6 Fiesta

Just to let everyone know, I have turbocharged my Fiesta. Started off as a 1.4 zetec. Soon underwent ST Conversion (pretty Much) Brakes, wheels, interior, suspension, gear lever, steering wheel, pedals, body kit, spoiler, side skirts .... u get the picture lol.. everything was changed other than the lump which remained a 1.4 for quite a while.

I was fed up with it being soo slow, i decided to put the 1.6 Zetec-SE engine in for a little more power as had one laying around and my dad's garage. As you can imgaine :/, it still wasn't anywhere near fast enough.. So I then decided to turbo charge it.

My uncle (Also works at the garage) thought or a GENIUS idea, we could run the Zetec-SE lump turbocharged off of the old Fiests RS Turbo ECU and Loom if we figured out how we could mount all the sensors and modules to my engine, so i thought, sod it.. lets give it a go!

we started by first needing to lower the compression, we took the head off, got a decompression plate made and sourced longer head bolts, we then got the standard pistons skimmed and bolted the head back down with a now lowered compression.

We next then needed to sort out an intercooler. I measured the space we had behind the bumper and ordered a intercooler that was perfect size, drilled the front panel and mounted the intercooler. Now we needed pipe work?.. We decided to order some length off straight pipe and silicone hose and began to work out all of the hosing for the intercooler.

Now the intercooler is sorted and compression is lowered we needed to sort out the management. We got an RS Turbo ECU and loom and began to wire it in to my current loom. We used the 1.4 loom to run the clocks and the rs turbo management to run the engine.

Next we made a plate and many other changes so that we could change the fly-by-wire throttle to cable throttle for the turbo application. We now needed a turbo and exhaust manifold.... We grabbed a turbo we had lying about, cut and messed around with the standard 1.6 zetec manifold and mounted the turbo, then we made a straight through 2 and 1/2 inch exhaust system so that it can flow enough gasses.

Next the biggest problem was the oil return, we drilled the sump and made yet more pipework up for the oil feed and return for the turbo.

After a lot of work it was ready to run, thats it... first turn of the key and brmmmmmmmm off it went.

Has run perfectly since at 14 PSI of boost at 203 bhp and 210 ft-lb
Old 23-12-2011, 04:48 AM
bluntys1rsturbo
Boost addict

Received 150 Likes on 145 Posts

i think ill be the first to say this thread needs pics
Old 23-12-2011, 08:22 PM
fonzie1
Virgin

Originally Posted by bluntys1rsturbo
i think ill be the first to say this thread needs pics
Will sort some out soon
Old 24-12-2011, 07:24 PM
wide ka
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

sounds great,

how many miles have you covered with this?
Old 24-12-2011, 08:24 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,042 Likes on 996 Posts

Sounds like an interesting project.Now we need pics.
Old 26-12-2011, 11:11 AM
fonzie1
Virgin

Have done around 7,000 miles running 14PSI, Havent got any pics on hand need to take some and will then upload soon.
Old 26-12-2011, 04:00 PM
boaby
Miester

pics or it didn't happen!