Other Marques Use this section for any non Ford marques.

mondeo mk3 clutch HELP !!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 08:10 PM
benscab
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mondeo mk3 clutch HELP !!!

HI ALL, JUST BOUGHT A 2002 MONDEO 1.8 ZETEC PETROL. CLUTCH IS SLIPPING BADLY AND I WAS WONDERING, WHEN CHANGING THE CLUTCH, DO I HAVE TO REPLACE THE DUAL MASS FLYWHEEL OR NOT ? THERES NO NOISE COMING FROM THE FLYWHEEL OR RELEASE BEARING SO WHAT PARTS SHOULD I CHANGE. ALSO THE ABS LIGHT IS ON ON THE DASH COULD THIS BE BECAUSE THE HANDBRAKE IS REALLY CRAP ? ( I HAVE TO LEAVE IT IN GEAR OR IT WILL ROLL AWAY ). THANKS FOR ANT HELP.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:21 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

stop shouting!

clutch can be done on it's own by you really should look to change everything, prices range from between £600 and a grand

the abs is a sensor more than likely

the handbrake is most likely to be the cables that need changing, they are shit and should be the easiest fix for less than £30 for the cables and a morning or afternoon under the car swapping them over
Old 02-10-2010, 08:38 PM
phil_focus
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

when changing the clutch always change the release bearing. i dont think mine was changed when the previous owner had the clutch done and so its now a bit noisy!!!

the gamble is going to be whether or not to change the dmf. personally if i was doing the job i'd just convert it to solid flywheel!
Old 19-10-2010, 08:26 PM
LukeDaisley
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I,m pretty sure I have a nearly new spare. ill have a look at the weekend.
Old 19-10-2010, 09:57 PM
phil_focus
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i was reading an older fast ford mag today which had a section on dmf's which summerises them as being a part that wears out eventually and should be changed whenever the clutch needs replacing. or if they fail before the clutch then replace the clutch at the same time.

it also said that they increase fuel economy as they allow the engine to idle at lower speed because they damp out the bad vibrations you get from low idles especially on diesels and reduce the vibration harshness throughout the rev range and during gear changes therefore prolonging the life of your transmision and to some degree your engine too. personally though i feel this more aplies to diesel engines due to them being compression ignition and therefore being far harsher...especially modern powerfull diesel motors! petrols i feel dont need these dmf's as they arent used on high power petrols.