General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Top Gear - JC suspended

Search this Thread

Old 14-03-2015, 12:54 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Received 415 Likes on 308 Posts

bring back Clarkson, he cracks me up, speaks his mind and don't give a fuck, and the show sells, its just orientated to the general public now not car geeks lol

fifth gear its more factual based and nobody watches it, not by comparison anyway

viewing figures don't lie and they are huge.
so is everyone on here saying then they've never given anyone a punch in the face ?

no one can comment as we don't know the circumstance, I was bullied by a certain individual when I was 16 and I punched him as hard as I could in the face and knocked him out as an example, that was a justified punch to the face

I shall miss a bit of clarkson on sunday evenings now
he makes the show imo
The following users liked this post:
SMILER258 (15-03-2015)
Old 15-03-2015, 09:14 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by scoooby slayer
so is everyone on here saying then they've never given anyone a punch in the face ?
you think it's normal and common that people go around punching other people in the face?
Old 15-03-2015, 10:06 AM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

bring back Clarkson, he cracks me up, speaks his mind and don't give a fuck, and the show sells, its just orientated to the general public now not car geeks lol

fifth gear its more factual based and nobody watches it, not by comparison anyway

viewing figures don't lie and they are huge.

no one can comment as we don't know the circumstance, I was bullied by a certain individual when I was 16 and I punched him as hard as I could in the face and knocked him out as an example, that was a justified punch to the face

I shall miss a bit of clarkson on sunday evenings now
he makes the show imo
I was never a bully but brought up around violence if I got into a fight as a very young child and got beat and went home crying about it I was told firmly get back out there and finish it or i would get a beating from my dad to and then carried on in that way for a good while and was paid well for being that way by certain people ! Always had the moto if you raise a hand to me you better do a good job as i will come back ! Now here is the thing I got older had 2 kids and started to learn life's lessons and I didnt bring my kids up like me they were taught to respect their piers and not to rule there world with violence but to use there mind to solve the problem first . Maturity is the word but dont get me wrong if I push into a corner with something very serious then yes i will lash out but it would need to be serious . The fact of getting older is lessons learned and to be acting like a delinquent neanderthal is one that should be learned from a young age it shouldnt be done so whether Clarkson was hungry or not it doesn't give him the right to lambaste the man for a hour then punch him over food it wasnt life threatening so for me it shows Clarksons mentality and maturity and his age he should be grateful he is in a good position and above the younger bloke didnt give him a dam good hiding but obviously the better man
Old 15-03-2015, 11:47 AM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Received 415 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by foreigneRS
you think it's normal and common that people go around punching other people in the face?

why didn't you quote the whole thing as ive said how can we comment when we don't know the facts ?

we don't know why he did it, as my post clearly stated.
Old 15-03-2015, 12:08 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

People that were staying in the same hotel spoke out apparently he was shouting and badly swearing at the producer for 40 mins then got up and punched him in the mouth and bust his lip infront of guests and children of the hotel !

3 people have said the same thing so if its the case then he has just been upgraded to full weapons material wanker in my eyes
Old 15-03-2015, 12:11 PM
Minirotty
Lucifer II - 666

Received 303 Likes on 197 Posts

I am probably one of the very few car blokes who doesn't watch Top Gear as I found it to be the same shit week in week out.

Clarkson is a boring twat who again says the same shit week in week out, if he has hit some one at work, he deserves to be sacked, simple really as none of us normal folk would still keep a job if we smacked a colleague would we?
gjh (18-03-2015)
Old 15-03-2015, 12:32 PM
Caddyshack
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1,031 Likes on 944 Posts

why didn't you quote the whole thing as ive said how can we comment when we don't know the facts ?

+1... Totally justified in your post.
Old 15-03-2015, 12:34 PM
uruk hai
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Minirotty
I am probably one of the very few car blokes who doesn't watch Top Gear as I found it to be the same shit week in week out.

Clarkson is a boring twat who again says the same shit week in week out, if he has hit some one at work, he deserves to be sacked, simple really as none of us normal folk would still keep a job if we smacked a colleague would we?
Couldn't agree more with this comment !
Old 15-03-2015, 12:58 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,042 Likes on 996 Posts

tbh i dont watch it either. Im not interested in exotic performance cars. I wont be able afford one.
Old 15-03-2015, 03:05 PM
Lord Melbury
Can you cash a cheque?

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Well, I was once based in Scotland & you very may well be excused for thinking so, based on that experience

However, I'm just saddened that the trivial Sunday evening distraction of Top Gear has been snatched away, yes yes, I know it's painfully staged & choreographed, to the point of being a parody of itself, with Clarkson being more & more outrageous to accommodate the publics expectations of him. I simply enjoyed watching the program, because it was amusing.
So what have we to replace it? Well nothing very much, a documentary on the Red Arrows, having had to deal with many incarnations of these little 'primadonnas' of the air over many years, the tantrum which Clarkson exhibited pales into insignificance in comparison to how they can behave if they don't get their own way.

I'll be switching the television off tonight & retiring to the tavern, good night & good luck BBC, I'm sure you'll come up with something in due course to resuscitate the vastly reduced viewing figures.
Old 15-03-2015, 03:58 PM
Fullflush
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 93 Likes on 79 Posts

5th gear is on at exactly the same time, so I'll pop that on.
Old 15-03-2015, 05:36 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

we don't, but it's hardly likely to be over something that genuinely justifies violence between adults is it?
Old 15-03-2015, 05:41 PM
costina
Live long and prosper!!

Received 371 Likes on 346 Posts

He is a twat.
I do not watch top gear.
Old 15-03-2015, 05:51 PM
3i Jim
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 118 Likes on 93 Posts

This thread is getting boring now gentlemen
Old 15-03-2015, 09:16 PM
st220kyle

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

He makes the show no doubt about it, but in the real world its obvious to see the bloke is a complete wanker!
Old 16-03-2015, 08:15 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 560 Likes on 522 Posts

I am probably one of the very few car blokes who doesn't watch Top Gear as I found it to be the same shit week in week out. Clarkson is a boring twat who again says the same shit week in week out, if he has hit some one at work, he deserves to be sacked, simple really as none of us normal folk would still keep a job if we smacked a colleague would we?
Best comment yet I'd say
Old 16-03-2015, 08:23 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Lord Melbury
Well, I was once based in Scotland & you very may well be excused for thinking so, based on that experience However, I'm just saddened that the trivial Sunday evening distraction of Top Gear has been snatched away, yes yes, I know it's painfully staged & choreographed, to the point of being a parody of itself, with Clarkson being more & more outrageous to accommodate the publics expectations of him. I simply enjoyed watching the program, because it was amusing. So what have we to replace it? Well nothing very much, a documentary on the Red Arrows, having had to deal with many incarnations of these little 'primadonnas' of the air over many years, the tantrum which Clarkson exhibited pales into insignificance in comparison to how they can behave if they don't get their own way. I'll be switching the television off tonight & retiring to the tavern, good night & good luck BBC, I'm sure you'll come up with something in due course to resuscitate the vastly reduced viewing figures.
As far as I'm concerned the red arrow guys can act as they like, when there in operation and flying planes in the raf etc to protect us and our country then they are the biggest heroes and celebrities in my eyes and deserve and command the utmost respect compared to that lanky tosser clarkson
Old 17-03-2015, 11:03 AM
Lord Melbury
Can you cash a cheque?

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

It appears it wasn't all bad, the planned repeat of Sundays Top Gear program was replaced with Racing Legends 'John Surtees' , what an absolutely splendid televisual treat of a program. Remember his exploits from the first time around, a real gentleman & legend.
Old 17-03-2015, 08:28 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

that was a good documentary. there you have a true legend for whom the phrase correctly applies - it's bandied about far too often for those that are not worthy.

i normally can't stand paul hollywood (or any scouser come to that) but his enthusiasm for the subject came through and he wasn't as crap a rider as i expected and made the programme enjoyable
Old 18-03-2015, 06:04 PM
gjh
10K+ Poster!!

Received 347 Likes on 320 Posts

This^ Simple as that I say, so many morons on facebook "bring back Clarkson" shite, and let him get away with assault? Think if you were the one he hit, would you still have the same opinion?
Old 18-03-2015, 06:27 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

ive not seen anyone who was actually there say there was an assault yet? just stories on the internet.
Old 18-03-2015, 06:33 PM
cossiestu
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 150 Likes on 146 Posts

Just reading that Steve Coogan is another possible candidate if JC gets the push...
Old 18-03-2015, 06:54 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

lets face it , its stale and needs some sort of freshen up.its the same thing week in week out just different locations/cheap cars. maybe new presenters can bring something new to the show.
I think steve coogan could be an interesting choice.
Old 18-03-2015, 07:28 PM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Received 237 Likes on 151 Posts

Im with you just don't see what Top gear has got to do with being a Petrolhead.
If you like 3 guys acting stupid & talking childish crap I suppose its a good watch. He will remain im sure as its about money & he knows that. Still I don't watch him now so its of no importance to me.
Old 18-03-2015, 09:28 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Interesting that all the haters have him guilty with no evidence, he's strongly denied punching anyone and the alleged victim hasn't pressed charges so you're all as bad as those who sign the petition without knowing any facts
Old 18-03-2015, 09:41 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by It's Czech Mate
Interesting that all the haters have him guilty with no evidence, he's strongly denied punching anyone and the alleged victim hasn't pressed charges so you're all as bad as those who sign the petition without knowing any facts
Who cares the blokes a complete tosser, same as the other two childish morons. Clarkson couldn't weild a spanner to a car if his life depended on it and Hammond just pulls stupid faces and crap jokes and the train spotting creepy old freak shouldn't be on Telly in the first place. I reckon get jk to replace clarksons spot, coogan and Rowan Atkinson for the other spots
Ridgey (19-03-2015)
Old 18-03-2015, 09:48 PM
st220kyle

Rowan Atkinson's a good shout
Old 18-03-2015, 09:50 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by st220kyle
Rowan Atkinson's a good shout
I reckon it'd be proper funny with him on there. I seem to remember him being a top classic car racer
Old 18-03-2015, 10:06 PM
gjh
10K+ Poster!!

Received 347 Likes on 320 Posts

Ye I reckon Rowan would be good.
Old 18-03-2015, 10:20 PM
cossiestu
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by gcfcos
I reckon it'd be proper funny with him on there. I seem to remember him being a top classic car racer
Who remembers I "I love trucking" sketch on not the nine o'clock news, driving Leyland Roadtrains? He got his HGV license just for that... Dedication for you, I guess?!

Didn't he do truck racing for a bit as well?
Old 19-03-2015, 12:51 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by cossiestu
Who remembers I "I love trucking" sketch on not the nine o'clock news, driving Leyland Roadtrains? He got his HGV license just for that... Dedication for you, I guess?! Didn't he do truck racing for a bit as well?
I'll have to u tube that never seen it.
Old 19-03-2015, 12:59 PM
cossiestu
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I'll have to u tube that never seen it.
I'm showing my age here, (not seen a Roadtrain for donkey's years either!?) it's from about 1979! Was quite amusing though...
Old 19-03-2015, 01:04 PM
cossiestu
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Don't know if this will work...?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9lmCpIzhFo&sns=em
Old 20-03-2015, 10:09 AM
stevieturbo
C**t

Received 258 Likes on 237 Posts

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...63&pnref=story
Old 20-03-2015, 10:16 AM
zetecbeast
Under the car...!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I watch top gear sometimes but for the cars, not the presenters.

I think you could lose Clarkson and still have a good show. The guy is a grade 1 bell end.

I vote Guy Martin to be the new host
Old 20-03-2015, 12:02 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by zetecbeast
I watch top gear sometimes but for the cars, not the presenters. I think you could lose Clarkson and still have a good show. The guy is a grade 1 bell end. I vote Guy Martin to be the new host
Oh fuck yes!!!!!!! How could I have forgotten about guy Martin! That would be awesome though no one south of lancashire would have a clue what he was saying lol!
Old 22-03-2015, 05:57 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

i think people in lincolnshire - where he is from - would be able to understand him, and last time that i looked that was south of lancashire
Old 22-03-2015, 06:05 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i think people in lincolnshire - where he is from - would be able to understand him, and last time that i looked that was south of lancashire
The norths the north to me in Bournemouth mate!!
Old 22-03-2015, 07:47 PM
cossiestu
PassionFord Post Whore!!

The norths the north to me in Bournemouth mate!!
Bloody Cadnam's oop North to you!?
Old 22-03-2015, 08:03 PM
st220kyle

Whats the latest on this? Any sign of being back on tv?

Quick Reply: Top Gear - JC suspended