General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

fao stu@motorsportdevelopments

Search this Thread

Old 28-07-2014, 09:08 AM
cavvyt
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fao stu@motorsportdevelopments

Hi am I right in thinking you did the write up on Bosch ke jetronic system? I hope so as I need advice on this from someone with in-depth technical knowledge! I've just finished my case shell restoration on my series 2 rs turbo and tried firing the engine up. Wouldn't fire. Got sparks, fuel pump running and priming. No fuel at injectors. Cracked banjo at fuel filter outlet and pressure regulator but only dribbles out of top of distributor. Checked voltage with ignition on at the plug for the fuel pressure actuator, but no voltage? Hot wired the plug with 12v and she started, and ran fine but still struggles to start when it's switched off then started again so I'm guessing there's a problem lol. Do you know what feeds that plug? I cannot find any info on line about this. I have tried another fuel ecu but it makes no difference. Also is this voltage always 12v? Any info would be appreciated as I need it running to get it set up. Thanks aidan
Old 29-07-2014, 05:11 PM
Rick
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

You are looking to measure the current at the fuel pressure actuator and not the voltage. I have all the figures for testing but not to hand as I'm thousands of miles from home at the moment. It ranges from something around -20mA to +400 from memory. Easiest way to test is to measure current with coolant temp sensor connected and disconnected - there should be a large change in current as you do this. I usually find it's the coolant temp sensor that goes, or people just forget to connect it up at the back of the inlet manifold.

Rick