General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

MK6 Fiesta headunit install

Search this Thread

Old 18-10-2010, 04:04 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MK6 Fiesta headunit install

Mate of mine just bought a MK6 Fez for his first car, hasn't even got the bloody thing yet and already on my case to fit him speakers and amps and the rest of it.

I'm cool with wiring everything in where the sub and amp is concerned and wiring up the headunit, it is the fitment of the headunit that concerns me because it is all built into the dash. So how do I go about removing it and I'm guessing need to fit some kind of bracket/fascia or similar to house the new headunit?

cheers!
Old 18-10-2010, 04:18 PM
wirralphil
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Autoleads do a conversion for the prefacelift fiesta, you need to cut the 2 bars out on the std fit panel OR get an ST satnav facia.

Be careful when taking the facia panel off the heater controls are easy to snap
Old 25-10-2010, 10:27 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

Cheers for the reply mate. Any tips in taking off the current fascia with the heater control and radio? How does it all come out?
Old 26-10-2010, 03:57 AM
ronf42
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hope this helps, its taken from UKFN

Firstly, remove the panel under the steering wheel by removing the five screws as arrowed (two are inside the little hinged pocket) and pull it away to free it from the clips at the top;

Then to remove the kick panel next to the clutch pedal remove the fixing as arrowed (centre should unscrew, if not prise it out with a thin bladed screwdriver, then remove the outer half) and unclip the front half of the panel;

Look underneath and you'll see he temp control cable (ringed);

Unclip it so it looks like this;

Once uncliped go to the front of the facia and remove the switches (arrowed) using a piece of card to protect from scratching the plastic;

Open the glovebox then remove the 8 screws (arrowed)

once the screws are removed pull forward to release the clips at the top (marked with blue crosses)

Unclip the centre cable and unclip the electrical connection and the facia can be removed.

(to remove the stereo undo the four screws and slide out, then unclip the electrical connections)

To refit, attach the electrical connection and centre cable then feed the facia so that the right hand cable slots in as you're pushing the facia back into position. Its fiddly but does work.

Once you've got to this point just reverse the rest of the process.
Old 26-10-2010, 08:56 AM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

Spot on mate cheers!!