Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

abs problem 2wd saff cosworth

Search this Thread

Old 24-10-2011, 04:15 PM
xgar rwds
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default abs problem 2wd saff cosworth

hey guys, recently changed the driverside front hub on my 2wd cosworth & tryed to get the abs sensor out but ended up breaking it in process. i had a spare sensor from a 4x4 sapphire cosworth so fitted it & now abs light comes on. it goes out as normal when i start the car but when i drive it & brake the pedal kicks back then the abs light comes on. any ideas? is the 4x4 sensor different in any way or could it be the abs ring? thanks.
Old 24-10-2011, 04:59 PM
martysmartie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 102 Likes on 100 Posts

I am pretty sure all the sensors are the same, however I do know the 4x4 and 2WD systems are different, have you checked all of the other sensors are clean? Could be dirt inbetween the teeth of the ring, assuming it's in otherwise good condition.

Martin
Old 24-10-2011, 06:22 PM
The Crocodile Hunter
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by xgar rwds
hey guys, recently changed the driverside front hub on my 2wd cosworth & tryed to get the abs sensor out but ended up breaking it in process. i had a spare sensor from a 4x4 sapphire cosworth so fitted it & now abs light comes on. it goes out as normal when i start the car but when i drive it & brake the pedal kicks back then the abs light comes on. any ideas? is the 4x4 sensor different in any way or could it be the abs ring? thanks.
I had the problem of the light going out when starting and then coming on when going above about 15mph.

Turned out the sensor wasnt pushed fully home into the hub, even though the bolt was fully tightened the o-ring needed forcing down.

I too broke it getting it out which is where the problem all started!

i was driving it for a while like that and couldnt believe what it was when i actually got round to looking at it
Old 24-10-2011, 07:43 PM
xgar rwds
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks ok Marty, I assumed it was that sensor because that's the 1 I was working at & the abs was perfect before hand. What would u recommend to clean it? I've already tried wd40 last week. Il try taking it out again tomorrow for a look at that o ring crocodile hunter. Thanks for the help lads.
Old 31-10-2011, 05:43 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,042 Likes on 996 Posts

I used brake cleaner to clean my sensors.I also got a screw driver and cleaned the gaps between the teeth with the screwdriver.

I cant belive the price of these sensors to buy new.