Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

Sun roof fitment? not the glass bit

Search this Thread

Old 27-07-2011, 08:35 PM
Eigdoog
±§~Quadzackular~§±

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Sun roof fitment? not the glass bit

Hello,

So i am trying to fit my sun roof rails but in the back of the roof there is a "stopper" that seems to fuck everything for me.

From the "stopped" to the first hole it is 500mm but when i measure it on the rails its 513mm...

Can i just cut 13mm off the end here? I cant put the long bit on the other side of the "stopper" as it then bends the rail so that one of the slides come off

I am kinda all out of ideas

Many Thanks Eigdoog.
Old 28-07-2011, 06:54 AM
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe the roof is from a mk1, as these were different, can you not just simply swap the glass over to your original rails ?, if the end bit is only acting as a stop and the roof won't "fall off" the rails it will stop naturally when it butts the bodywork at the rear of it's travel.
tabetha
Old 28-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Eigdoog
±§~Quadzackular~§±

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I have measured my old rails and it is 100% the same and just unsure on how i could fit the old one.

As you can see in the first picture there is a hump that the rail sits on, the grove shown in the last picture shows that the furthest point needs to sit right where the "stopper" is.

Even on the "stopper" there is a lip just before the furthest point. So the rail has to sit on this and everything dont seem right. It looks as if its to high and the glass would hit the top (or so it looks)

Ive got a good mind to remove the one on the 4i to have a look but dont wanna have the same problem getting it back in lol.

Cheers for the reply!