Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

Removing front bumper on Sapphire??

Search this Thread

Old 20-07-2007, 08:19 AM
TurboShed
Cossiemodo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing front bumper on Sapphire??

How easy is this, can I do it with the car on the ground?

I've scored some free stainless steel mesh which I have great plans for
Old 20-07-2007, 10:26 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

relatively - if the bolts are not seized into the captive nuts

there is a bolt each side behind the arch liner just at the top rear corner of the bumper. undo those and the whole thing will just pull off.

there are no fixings in the middle, it's just brackets that slide into a rubber mount in the end of the 'chassis rails'
Old 20-07-2007, 11:21 AM
TurboShed
Cossiemodo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool, thanks
Old 20-07-2007, 02:14 PM
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As said usually spin the captive nuts, would be so much easier just up on car ramps though.
If the captive nut spins, yank it off then rebend "wings" that hold it straight afterwards, then if you cut a flangey bit off the edge of the support you can then put a nut bolt straight on, I can squeeze my hand up to hold a nut so bolt goes through from inside towards outside of car.
You would need to drill out and re pop rivet the support bits to do this, but it is 100% easy and no hassle to do.
A tip is to put bolts through the other remaining bolt holes forward of the rad mounts bolt holes as they will pass through the hole in the square section of bumper in chassis and so prevent theft of bumper.
tabetha
Old 20-07-2007, 02:55 PM
Twellsie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tabetha
As said usually spin the captive nuts, would be so much easier just up on car ramps though.
If the captive nut spins, yank it off then rebend "wings" that hold it straight afterwards, then if you cut a flangey bit off the edge of the support you can then put a nut bolt straight on, I can squeeze my hand up to hold a nut so bolt goes through from inside towards outside of car.
You would need to drill out and re pop rivet the support bits to do this, but it is 100% easy and no hassle to do.
A tip is to put bolts through the other remaining bolt holes forward of the rad mounts bolt holes as they will pass through the hole in the square section of bumper in chassis and so prevent theft of bumper.
tabetha
is it because i have been drinkin or because you have been drinking, that this makes no sense to me??