Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

ABS....

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 05:15 PM
Rolls
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS....

HI Guys -
I've got a question about the ABS system - on my esc.cos, but I gather they are pretty much the same?
Basically, i've just changed all of the breather hoses, and alot of the collant system to aeroquip lines, and the car has been off the road for about 3-4 months.
I've also changed the bells on the brakes (car has a 355 AP set-ap), although i've not touched bleed nipples etc..- it was a case of remove caliper, take of disc/bell, replace, and refit...

Basically, now the brakes are spongy, which in itself isn't a prob as i'm going to bleed them tomorrow BUT the ABS light doesn't come on at all.
Before it would come on with the ignition, and then go off once the car is running, but now, nothing....
The bulb is ok, the light DOES come on when you disconnect the ABS mutilplug gubbins below the bat, and the ABS still does work. I've also checked all of the fuses, and they are all ok...
Has anyone got any ideas as to what this could be at all? - I need the car to be sorted, as i'm supposed to be going to FITP, and would like to get the thing set-up asap too (as it's now got a 500 cooler, DIS etc...)

Any help would be much appreciated as I'm running out of ideas...

Oh, and someone suggested that 2 of the wires that connect to the bat normally corrode and cause this sort of prob, so i've taken them back to decent wiring, crimped a conector on to no avail..

Cheers
Rich
Old 07-05-2007, 10:11 PM
Rolls
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone?
I've tried disconnecting the 2 front sensors, and the light does come on when they are disconnected, suggesting that its not a fault with the fronts, so I'll be taking a look at the rears tomorrow after work.

What else commonly goes wrong with the ABS gubbins?

Cheers

Rich