Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

How good are abdominal boards?

Search this Thread

Old 29-03-2006, 03:58 PM
zaki
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How good are abdominal boards?

Thinking on geting one as i find ab exersises boaring and thought it would atleast speed things up as i cant get enough resistance from normal situps and takes ages to even break a sweat. Should this help?
Old 29-03-2006, 07:48 PM
Rs1
Advanced PassionFord User

Speed things up?
If your not getting enough resistance you could try inversions of various degrees,this will concentrate the workout on lower/middle/upper abs depending on which degree and provide a better/more direct workout.
Are you certain your doing them right? Situps are a big no no,you'll end up with back probs later in life. What you want to do its crunches. When working on a horizontal surface dont let your shoulders drop below 8-10 inches from the floor,with knees bent at 90 degrees and hands beside your head,touching you elbow to your knee is as far as you should ever need to go.
If you after a six pack it'll not be the massive amount of situps you do but the amount of body fat you have that will determin how visable they are. Cardio work and diet starts come into play when searching for that "ripped" look.
Old 29-03-2006, 10:27 PM
Steve200+
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Don't know if this'll help at all, I do 200-odd a day like this in about 5 minutes, and it burns like a fecker.

Knees bent, hold your hands together (palm on the back of the other hand, if that makes sense), elbows bent, so your arms, if looking from the side, would be at up at a 45 degree angle. Rock forward like you're pushing your hands down towards your knees that way. It'll make sure you're tensing the right area at full whack. Raise your feet off the floor for 100 and get the lower abs working as well.

If it's still not enough, hold a weight as well. Killer.

Sort of like this :
/
O/---/\_

My bad if it does no different, just see if it helps!

Edit : Damn! diagram doesn't work, the first slash is supposed to match up with the other one. It's supposed to be an arm, not an arrow in his head!)
Old 30-03-2006, 05:49 AM
Paul Eggleton
PassionFord Post Whore!!

What are you trying to achieve though?. If you abs are flat(apart from any fat) then this IMO is all you need. If you can't see them then this is down to diet and bodyfat levels. You could do situps until you are blue in the face but if you don't drop bodyfat levels then you will never see them. Abs are like any other bodypart. I only train them once a week, do a couple of exercises and maybe no more than 3 sets on each. Job done.

Paul.