Cars for Sale Register for a Gold Membership to sell your car here!

Mondeo st220 saloon 2005

Search this Thread

Old 17-11-2014, 11:20 AM
rsjonny
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mondeo st220 saloon 2005

For sale is my mondeo st220 saloon 3 litre v6 its an ex wiltshire constabulary patrol car and comes with 4 a4 sheets of police history totalling over 25k of parts and servicing. The car is stardust silver with painted black wheels. It is the saloon variant and is pretty rare as I'm told only around 250 of these were sold. The car has the following spec...

Mondeo ST220 saloon 55 plate 100,300 miles from new but will rise as used daily
12 Months MOT tax until end of november 2014(THIS CAR IS THE CHEAPER TAX VERSION £285 for 12 months)
6 speed gearbox for better fuel economy.
Full st bodykit final facelift with the chrome trim around the windows and the lights and the updated side skirts.
Twin exit chrome tipped exhaust
Remote central locking
Electric one touch windows
Auto Lights
Auto Wipers
Auto dimming rear view mirror
Cruise Control
Heated electric mirrors with puddle lights
Digital Climate control
Heated electric black recaro seats
Heated front and rear screens
Ford 6000cd player/radio
Rare red leather stitched steering wheel gear know and hand brake cover.
Trip computer mpg etc

The car drives great and pulls really well through all the gears there is no vibration the DMF/clutch is fine engine sounds really nice the car feels tight on the steering there are no knocks or bangs from the suspension,there is a vibration from the brakes at speed please see further down the ad for the reason why.

The car does around 24mpg around town and up to 40mpg on a motorway run so its pretty good for the engine size.

The tires are around 3mm tread all legal.

The seats are in really good condition no rips light wear but not much I will update the ad with interior pics tomorrow as its too dark out now for taking pics.

There is no rust whatsoever on this car.

Ok bad points every car has them and this one is no exception Ive tried to be as honest as I can as I dont want anyone turning up and being disappointed.

As the car used to be a police car it has marks on the paint from where the stickers used to be the main one is on the passenger rear drivers door (photographed) Ive tried machine polishing it but it wont come out so it will need blowing over.

There is a trolley ding on the passenger side rear wheel arch and a scratch on the bumper (Photographed)One of these scratch repair companies may be able to correct this it never really bothered me as a daily driver so I left it as it was.

The heated seats stopped working two nights ago I was using them every morning up until this point both have gone off so I think it may be a fuse or relay but Ive not looked.The electric adjustment all works fine there are no signs of burn marks or anything like that so hopefully its a simple fix.

There are two 4mm holes in the dash and two in the gear stick surround and also two in the headliner from the police radios.(a full center console can be bought on ebay for £25 any mondeo one will fit)

The car went through its MOT today but got some advisories so they will need looking at within the next twelve months.

Front brake discs and pads need changing(this is causing the vibration when braking(discs and pads are £48 on ebay)

Nearside front wheel has a slight dent on the bead.

Nearside rear shock absorber has a slight misting of oil on it.

There is an oil leak from the bottom of the engine. The mechanic says it may be from the sump but unsure without cleaning it all off and running it for a bit. The car is not using loads of oil and I've not had to put any in it in the time I've owned the car (about 5 months)

Genuine reason for sale I'm building a track car and I need a van to tow it with only reason for sale if I could put a tow bar on this I wouldn't sell it. Its a good honest car it just needs a little TLC.

Because the ad needs a price £2000ono but really im looking for offers on the car as I am unsure what its worth as it is.

Name:  20140726_172617_zps6e1ddaae.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  95.1 KB

Name:  20140726_172632_zpse9cf1b59.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  87.1 KB

Name:  20140726_172640_zps746d5536.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  93.0 KB

Name:  20140726_172609_zpsb891d570.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  96.3 KB