Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

How on God's earth can I get the heater core hose off?

Search this Thread

Old 28-06-2018, 08:00 PM
Ingwaz
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How on God's earth can I get the heater core hose off?

Hello,

I have a 2005 Ford Focus. The top heater core hose has been leaking badly for a while (I've been stopping every 25 minutes to fill up the cooler) so I got a new hose. I've seen some videos and pictures on the topic of how to get the hold hose connector off of the heater core nipple, but I just can't do it. Tonight I managed to break it a little (like in the video below) and my fingers still ache from trying to rotate the grey liner. I'm trying to rotate it counter clockwise. I'm not trying to rotate the black bits, but only the grey liner. I never quite got the pliers to grip the grey bits.

How do I do it? I feel like the next step is getting a dremel and grind down the connector to pull it off the nipple. I hope you guys have a better way to do it.

Video of a guy struggling with the exact same type of connector:

Picture that looks a lot more like my car (over-under hoses).
https://passionford.com/forum/techni...lant-hose.html

Oh my god, that one is actually from this forum. Unfortunately, I couldn't get it done with the info in that thread :/.

If you could give me a tip on the way to success I'd greatly appreciate it! Cheers