Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Loss Of Power - Transit Connect 1.8TDDI

Search this Thread

Old 14-02-2018, 08:31 PM
Connect12
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loss Of Power - Transit Connect 1.8TDDI

Hi All,

Hoping you can help possibly help me. I have owned my 2003 transit connect for 10 years and haven’t experienced many problems up until now. Out of the blue I suddenly experienced a loss of power, as if the turbo isn’t working. No warning lights whatsoever on my dashboard, the van was struggling to make any speed whatsoever. I have since taken it to go a garage where they have changed the fuel filter, a couple of sensors and have changed the ecu, all of which hasn’t fixed the issue. The garage are now suggesting the fuel pump may be to blame, however I have lost confidence with the garage as they have assured me every time they have replaced a component that it was definitely the root cause of the fault, which clearly it wasn’t.

Just to emphasise the van was running completely fine up until it lost power, it also still starts fine and idles as usual. If anybody could point me in the right direction as to what this may be I would be extremely grateful.