Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Mondeo MK3 Tdci Turbo Cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 19-09-2017, 11:16 AM
daints187
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mondeo MK3 Tdci Turbo Cleaning

Hi all, I would be so grateful if I can get some response to what im about to question.

I have a mondeo mk3 tdci 2005 and ive seen online that to clean the turbo via the air intake with carb cleaner, so ive done that and I also cleaned the 4th injector only by taking off the connectors and metal pipe running on the top of it, and now my car is worse than it was i.e it is now more sluggish when I start it until the engine is warm and that im using more fuel than ever, today I done a 4 mile journey and it used 11 miles worth of fuel, could someone please help me with some info in what it could be and/or a solution to this problem before I take it to the garage and get ripped off if its something I can do myself.

thanks to all that helps
Old 20-09-2017, 09:38 PM
slammedorion
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 236 Likes on 210 Posts

Problem is you've read something online and you don't know what your doing?
If everything you touch on it makes it worse it'll just cost you more in the long run just take it a garage...

I can't see carb cleaner cleaning the turbo via air intake, did you spray it in before or after the maf sensor?
Injector may not be seated correctly and now and leaking?

I've seen oven cleaner being used to clean Turbos? I used some on a replacement 2nd hand turbo before fitted

What was up with the car before you started looking online?