Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Brake pedal goes hard at low revs

Search this Thread

Old 31-05-2017, 02:41 PM
Tyndie
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake pedal goes hard at low revs

Hi,

I have been periodically noticing an issue with my brakes, it mostly happens when I start my fiesta duratec 1.4 57 plate in the morning.

When I am reversing or creeping out of the drive way the brake pedal will lift and go hard for a second or two until I pump it.

Anyone know what this could be and roughly how much a garage will charge to fix please?
Old 04-06-2017, 08:10 PM
ray barker
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Tyndie
Hi,

I have been periodically noticing an issue with my brakes, it mostly happens when I start my fiesta duratec 1.4 57 plate in the morning.

When I am reversing or creeping out of the drive way the brake pedal will lift and go hard for a second or two until I pump it.

Anyone know what this could be and roughly how much a garage will charge to fix please?
this could be quite normal. if i remember this was part of a test we used to do to check the servo was working correctly. when starting keep foot pressed on pedal and it should rise a bit and get firmer after first use it goes back to normal. i would imagine you got your foot on the brake backing out your drive and not took your foot of it. if gets hard when driving under normal conditions then you got probs
Old 04-06-2017, 09:48 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Received 258 Likes on 237 Posts

if the engine is running, there should always be sufficient vacuum so the servo is working and giving assistance.
The pedal shouldnt go hard in the sense it loses all assistance.