Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

brakes applied saff turns right update of the update

Search this Thread

Old 22-02-2017, 09:32 PM
ray barker
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
Default brakes applied saff turns right update of the update

fitted my new braded hoses all round. refitted the brake pressure control valve after stopping it leaking. double checked i mean double checked everything still the same. fuk it took it up my mates put it on the rollers he`s been putting on the brake tester for years. the rears have no inbalance but there binding ever so slightly both the same. the front ns calliper is working 35 percent less than the os front on initial brakeing squeeze the pedal abit more it shows no inbalance. dont forget these are as good as new callipers. so now ive gone for another master cylinder cant get them new anymore got a second hand one comeing to morrow.doe anybody no if you can get seal kits for these i had a quick search found nothing. i spoke to ggr/burton/woodford motor sport all said s/h one good luck they said i managed to get the hole unit from rs clasics so ill be fitting that 2morrow fingers crossed
Old 23-02-2017, 08:59 AM
Marc sierra
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 157 Likes on 143 Posts

I've had a brake balance a couple of years ago on the track that I never had before. In the end it turned out there was play in the wheel bearing, which caused the discs to push the pads and brake piston back too far. When braking the other side braked normal, but on the side with the problem it first needed to push the piston back out. If I would have pushed the pedal a few times the brakes would have been normal. Perhaps you also have a bearing with some play?
Old 23-02-2017, 09:17 PM
ray barker
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

good call marc new wheel bearings all round. when it went for mot it went on one of these one man mot lanes with pnewmatic shaker plates. i got him to shake the fuk out of it i new it had probs but because it was a brake test with a tapley its only at twenty mph and didnt show up. only thing i could find was a bottom ball joint. my master cylinder came today so fingers crossed 2morow