Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Xr2 zvh questions

Search this Thread

Old 16-02-2017, 01:30 PM
Jd Jay
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xr2 zvh questions

Hi guys.I have a 1988 xr2 that a previous owner has fitted with a zvh. Its a zetec 1800 bottom end with an mfi turbo head and 1.3 idler.he also fitted a brand new weber 28/32 dtlm carb as fitted to the later mk2 xr2 but it's been running very lumpy especially when cold and been told that carb is too small to deliver enough fuel to this engine.I was advised by someone that a weber 38dgas rejetted from 3 litre to two would give me more than enough grunt and get the most out of this engine.with the current carb it's a bit gutless. I have got the 38dgas now.can anyone recommend someone preferably in south Yorkshire who could re jet the Carb and fit it.I'm a bit scared off having read about plumbing a water feed to operate the choke.I'm not a techy. Also I will need to fit a new air filter but the dgas ones seem to be 45 mm tall.will I have any issues fouling bonnet before I buy one.my k and n filter is quite shallow.final question .what cam belt cover can be fitted to the zvh as it doesn't have one.cheers in advance. Jase
Old 16-02-2017, 02:22 PM
djmca
Bring back old skool Ford

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cant help with much else but a standard CVH top cambelt cover will fit, the bottom wont from memory!