Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

brakes applied saff wants to turn right update

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 08:55 PM
ray barker
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
Default brakes applied saff wants to turn right update

on closser inspection f..k no`s. this aint straight forward. refurbed front callipers new pistons and seals / brake pipes/ new discs pads.what ive noticed is when im bleeding the fronts is that the pedal is harder to push down when bleeding the ns/front compared to the os/front. its as if the bleed nipple isnt open properly.test drove it and when you first apply the pedal it wants to go right slightly pressing it harder it then straightens up then it brakes in a straight line. what this is telling me theres restricted fluid getting to the ns/front calipper when i initially start squeezing the brake pedal or the fluid is takeing a split second longer to get to this side. so tomorrow im going to check the brake pipes and flexi hoses for kinks etc.ill put on a new flexi. after this im looking at these inline valves. there`s one on the valve block. after this its m/cylinder. it all bleeds fine so im looking at restricted flow any one had this one your thoughts please
Old 11-02-2017, 09:22 PM
L00ney123
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could be a sticking caliper. Or could be something simple as a bit of grit has got in during the refurb, as much as a ball ache as it is it might be a case of stripping down the caliper and starting again with it
Old 12-02-2017, 12:59 PM
martysmartie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 102 Likes on 100 Posts

It could be a collapsed hose, although usually this results in binding.

Have you checked the pipes you have replaced as well?

Martin
Old 12-02-2017, 05:34 PM
ray barker

Originally Posted by martysmartie
It could be a collapsed hose, although usually this results in binding.

Have you checked the pipes you have replaced as well?

Martin
yes thats right collapsed hose usually binds. ijumped the gun when i posted last night. when bleeding all the callipers the brake pedal is quite firm to push down as though the bleed nipple isnt open enough. its the os/f which is the easiest to press down when bleeding. this one has the least resistance. i put this down to its the closest to the m/cylinder less pipe work to go through less resistance.what iv noticed today is the brake pressure control valve is leaking since i put it on the wire wheel and painted it. its leaking out the side these things arnt cheap its the one on the rear n/s
Old 12-02-2017, 05:38 PM
ray barker

Originally Posted by L00ney123
Could be a sticking caliper. Or could be something simple as a bit of grit has got in during the refurb, as much as a ball ache as it is it might be a case of stripping down the caliper and starting again with it
i done this today stripped the calliper again to make sure. there both working like new ones
Old 12-02-2017, 05:52 PM
ray barker

thanks for all the replies. im still waiting for rear pads to come there a bit shafted but servicable one side came of the binding side. still scratching my head over this one. ive got a odd sized flexi hose on the rear that im going to change as well. odd size i here people shouting. its been on there for five years with not a prob
Old 12-02-2017, 05:55 PM
Caddyshack
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1,031 Likes on 944 Posts

Have you checked the geometry too, that can do odd things.
Old 14-02-2017, 09:50 PM
ray barker

Originally Posted by Caddyshack
Have you checked the geometry too, that can do odd things.
checked all that its mostly polly bushed new tca`s both sides. got new braided hoses new rear pads going on weekend. ive just noticed the brake pressure valve on the backs leaking may be that want help
Old 15-02-2017, 07:33 PM
Caddyshack
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1,031 Likes on 944 Posts

Yes, change that straight away