Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

ford mondeo 2001 estate clutch no response ?

Old 26-03-2013, 11:29 AM
faya
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ford mondeo 2001 estate clutch no response ?

hello to all.. first of all let me apologised for my english as its not my first language, but i will try to explain myself to the best of my ability.
ford mondeo estate 2001. now my brother sold a this estate to my dad.
the estate seemed fine when he stopped because he had just bought a focus.
anyway we went to pick up the mondeo and had no response on the clutch. theres no presure on the pedal at ALL.
my dad tried to bleed the clutch pump but didnt get any oil from it.he said theres no oil at all on the master cylinder.
now i spoke with a mechanic he said it needs a new hydraulics, alternator and a dual mass flywheel. with a cost rounding 1000 pounds sterling. my dad has always handled is own cars but he has no ideia what to do with this problem. again pardon me with my english i tried my best and i hope someone could give me a heads up as to what to do. i could really use this van but dont know how long i can hold my dad before he cucks it in the junk yard.
Old 26-03-2013, 12:32 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Your mechanic is right on the price of things

Can't offer you any more help than that but it may be the master cylinder that's broken rather than the slave in the gearbox
Old 27-03-2013, 01:36 PM
faya
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dojj
Your mechanic is right on the price of things

Can't offer you any more help than that but it may be the master cylinder that's broken rather than the slave in the gearbox
Thank you. Really worries me. Not happy with my brother either.