Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

I have just recieved the wrong fuel tank, s1 rs turbo, so which fuel tank have i got

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 10:06 PM
nickscunny
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default I have just recieved the wrong fuel tank, s1 rs turbo, so which fuel tank have i got

Well I was having a few issues with my series one tank so I ordered a new one from my local motorfactor. The tank arrived and low and behold its the wrong one. Tried to take it back but cant get hold of a series one tank and they only issue credit notes for goods returned. So £95 wasted and I am stuck with it!

Just wondering could I modify it to suit. The fuel outlet is next to the fuel return at the front of the tank, it has a swirl pot and apart from that looks like it will fit. Want I want to know is could I run a longer fuel line from the front of the tank, round the side and attach it to the fuel pump?

Cant really afford to loose £95......

Nick....

Oh and if it does fit, looking up at the tank from underneath which side is the fuel return so i dont get them mixed up...

Last edited by nickscunny; 02-06-2009 at 10:15 PM.