Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

misfire or glitch in revs on FRST!!!

Search this Thread

Old 16-02-2004, 01:09 AM
RScrew69
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default misfire or glitch in revs on FRST!!!

Right i have this problem with my frst, i can be driving along it any gear, but more noticeablly in 4th when i'm driving along but the revs are at about 1500 rpm for instance, the car glitch's.

You'll drive along and the car will kinda glitch in the revs at about 1500 rpm in 4th, and the adverse affect is the car kinda judders and jerks or kangaroo's back an forward which i believe is the engine moving back an forward all of a sudden. Its like someone is in the engine bay and pulls a plug off and then plugs it back on straight away, to over come this u either drop a gear or can accelerate harder in 4th.

if u press the clutch down to see whats happening with the rev needle, it idles nicely for abit, and then all of a sudden it will glitch again. When its ideling and this happens it feels like someone has disconneted the coilpack and then re-attached it quickly, cos it feels like its gonna cut out, but will be fine again. Normally it is ideling high, so shouldn't cut out.

Now what i wanna know is has anyone had these probs before and or anything similar and what were the probs, and what could it be or can i do?

The other thing is i've noticed it more when the car is cold in the mornings. It does idle high from cold to warm up etc, but then sometimes it will mis or glitch in the revs drop abit to like 1000 rpm ans in half a secong even i mean like straight away will go back to 1200 on cold start, it occasionally, and sometimes it starts doing this when ur parking up, so u could have the clutch down and it would be going, brmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm/mis,/brmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

heres the spec anyhows :

t2hybrid, uprated actuator, adjustable boost inside the car which is shut, power engineering chip

i've also noticed theres no amal valve and its plug is disconnected cos of it using the adjustabvle boost system which has 2 silicone pipes running off to the inside of the car.

cheeRS in advance guys
Old 16-02-2004, 11:55 AM
Rolls
PassionFord Post Troll

when mine did this it was the iscv matey- take it off, soak it in petrol overnight, and then refit, hopefully that should cure it!!
Old 16-02-2004, 04:29 PM
RScrew69

hello mate, cheers for the reply.

ok did u have exactly the same symptoms as mine? or actually describe to me what happend on yours, i'm trying to gain a better understanding of this bloody efi idleing myth and problem.

cheers again
Old 17-02-2004, 04:48 PM
Rolls
PassionFord Post Troll

idle was generally erratic, and it would kangeroo if your at under 200orpm in 2nd, 3rd or 4th!!! - thyats bout it really, but if i were you id clean it out just to rule that out as a possibility!!!
Old 17-02-2004, 07:38 PM
RScrew69

right as u said, i cleaned it out, i.e took it apart and left it in petrol over night, didn't let the elctrical bit touch petrol. Put back on today and she does idle so much better it unbelievable, however this sudden drop or glitch in revs is still there cos it starts juddering abit under 2000rpm just before the turbo's gonna start c#kicking in.

cheers

gonna try map sensor and then maybe ecu aswell as possibly a dry solder maybe
Old 18-02-2004, 07:45 AM
Rolls
PassionFord Post Troll

yeah, try the co2 potentiometer, map, and tps- i think the tps would be my first port of call though!!!
at least you know its not that though!!
Old 18-02-2004, 09:08 AM
RScrew69

do the ecu's normally go wrong, or are they usually ok? will try the other things, and let u know how i get on.

cheers again