Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Cosworth engine rebuild

Old 03-07-2006, 04:47 PM
b6mgb
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cosworth engine rebuild

Hello,
Thinking of having my engine rebuilt.Any advice on who to go to would be appreciated.ABC motorsport are close,are they any good?
Old 04-07-2006, 07:14 AM
Enhanced Performance
Former Sponsor

come have a look at our workshop tell us your requests and then make your mind up and yes were good
Old 04-07-2006, 09:23 AM
reality
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Where are you based?
Old 04-07-2006, 05:53 PM
Enhanced Performance
Former Sponsor

horsham west sussex
Old 04-07-2006, 08:32 PM
reality
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Sorry, I was asking the thread originator
Old 08-07-2006, 02:53 PM
danuk

avoid abc at all cost.

made the mistake of buying a cossi from them.
i took it back 4 times for bad oil leakes, ended up fixing it myself.
when i got it home i basicly rebuilt the whole car and found 4 missing sump bolts, clutch lasted 1 week, 3 propshaft bolts were hand tight!!!! 1 main diff bolt was missing!!!! and had no oil pressure when i put a gauge on it. The work the work they did do had been bodged.
im supprised they are still going, iv bumped into 4 other people who have had simalar experiences.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:32 PM
Enhanced Performance
Former Sponsor

I take it we are talking about g---vkr and the oil leak was fixed you had a second hand engine fitted 3 hours before you picked the car up and were intent on taking it that day. the car was sold to you on the understanding you were going to modify it for track use as for the other errors we are only a phone call away and happy to help also i think our engines speak for them selfs and your engine was not one of ours which you new from the start 01403756663 regards
Old 09-07-2006, 03:26 PM
danuk

if u call filling the broken off sump bolts with instant. doesnt explain the hand tight prop bolts and main diff bolt missing. sloppy workmanship.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:18 PM
danuk

first of all, the fact i was going to use it for doing trackdays is besides the point, the propshaft bolts and diff bolts still need to be in place!!!
sure i was keen to pick the car up on the date you said it would be ready, but does this mean i should expect it to be dably thrown together?
in my opinion i wouldnt want an engine built by someone who would rather fill sump bolt holes with instant gasket than do it properly.
the wheel nuts fitted wernt the right ones and four were missing, it didnt have the polly bushes that you said it had and it didnt have the low compression pistons either as i later found out when it had to be rebuilt!!!
the 4x4 oil pump was not changed for a 2wd one and had been rubbing and worn 3/4 of the way through.
o and i found canabis in the glove box.
after bringing the car back 4 times with a 100 mile round trip each time i decided to get it done properly elsewhere and chalk it down to experience (a bad one at that).
i now feel the car and talking about it has wasted enough of my time.
good luck with the engine build b6mgb, hope u have more luck.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:07 PM
Enhanced Performance
Former Sponsor

i fell you are very unjust and take your comments very personaly as the car was sold to you as a PROJECT and as i said at the time could not say wot the engine was as it was second hand also the diff bolts were not touched by us as the car never eaven got to go through our work shop as you wanted it so quick when it did not eaven have an engine in . you are talking and basing your comments on a second hand track car sold as it was far from mint and did not even have an engine built by me in and to bring such petty items up over a year later and not call when i am so happy to help is well just plain silly ALWAYS HERE TO HELP ABC 01403756663
Old 09-07-2006, 07:10 PM
Enhanced Performance
Former Sponsor

AND AS FOR STUFF IN THE GLOVE BOX WELL THIS WAS A PURCHASED CAR SO WOT EVER THE OWNER BEFORE US WANTED IS UP TO HIM
Old 09-07-2006, 08:07 PM
danuk

car was not sold to me as a project car at all, nor was it advertised as a project in the autotrader where i saw it for sale. it was sold to me as a road car. if it was a project car i wouldnt hav paid 5000 for it!!!!!!
twist it how u want
end of thread
Old 09-07-2006, 08:53 PM
Enhanced Performance
Former Sponsor

no if you you have problems give us a call and you did not pay 5 k for it so dont put others down when you are not truthfull yourself we are always here to help so call 01403756663 i feel it unjust that you pipe up on a forum a year later without a phone call
Old 11-07-2006, 07:56 PM
b6mgb
Virgin

All I wanted was some advice on a company to rebuild my engine, not for it to turn into some sort of mudslinging event.I strongly feel that if a person has a greivance with any company it should be dealt with them directly.Although I do not post many replies on this site I still log on to it regularly and have seen a few threads get out of hand.Maybe some are true but a lot of damage could be caused to perfectly innocent companies.I think Ill take a drive down to Horsham, check these guys out for myself and form my own opinions.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:57 PM
b6mgb
Virgin

All I wanted was some advice on a company to rebuild my engine, not for it to turn into some sort of mudslinging event.I strongly feel that if a person has a greivance with any company it should be dealt with them directly.Although I do not post many replies on this site I still log on to it regularly and have seen a few threads get out of hand.Maybe some are true but a lot of damage could be caused to perfectly innocent companies.I think Ill take a drive down to Horsham, check these guys out for myself and form my own opinions.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:29 PM
Danny @ Enhanced Performance
BANNED
BANNED

thanks for that b6mgb if only every one was like you.come down any time and check us out.we will look after you whatever your needs
Old 12-07-2006, 07:54 AM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by b6mgb

thats the best way to be. unfortunately you will always have someone slagging off a company and you will always have someone praising the same company.its one of those worlds where you cant please everyone no matter how hard you try but if you have the attitude you do you will work out wots best for you. im in same boat as you,but not ready for it to be done just yet.good luck mate
Old 21-07-2006, 04:49 PM
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have used them (abc), for my freinds car which they did not even know was going to be an unmarked police car(no you can't have the reg number!!!).
The work done was total quality with care, a little late but not their fault, did have a problem, that WAS NOT DOWN TO THEM, but they put it right at no cost straight away.
This is my experience.
tabetha
ps my "freind" will of course remain nameless, as the bizzys do not like me anyway.