SW England This is where members from the South West of England can arrange their meets and chat together.

new member (rochdale) help ford ka

Search this Thread

Old 27-05-2013, 05:10 PM
Brett Little
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new member (rochdale) help ford ka

hi there as you can see im new not only to this forum but to ford aswell ive had volvos and mazdas but recently passed my test and wanted a ford ka as cheap to insure

so i bought a ford ka 2000 w reg mrk 1 metalic black alot of rust on it so i though whilst im fixing her up and painting her to suite me ill make sure i can keep hold of her for as long as possible

this is already turning into a nightmare as i have the drivers side door will lock from the outside but not unlock its like the handle inside will not let it unlock so i can climb in from the passengers side ive taken all the door card off and stripped the locking mechs got a new one for free off a friend as he had one spare and put this on and still no joy
now the only thing i havent replaced is the barrel its self without spending any unnecessary money on things that might not even cure the problem
i was hoping someone might be able to help me out or have had the same prob before and knows how to fix it anyway i can lock it from the outside go through passangers door and open from inside but if i try and unlock it from the outside and open it from passengers it wont open i have to re lock it again so theres my problem and im hoping i can find an answer without having to buy new barrels and finding out its not the barrels ( oh forgot to mention i took the barrel out cleaned it up with wd and re greased it and it looks like its working the lever bit goes up and down with the turn of a key and also the little clickey things that match the key all move lol )

anyway hope someone can help me with this prob and thank you for reading

and i will put up some pictures of her up as i go along

Last edited by Brett Little; 27-05-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Old 27-05-2013, 05:45 PM
MikeyRobbo
PS3 - MikeyRobbo

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd say its the barrel. More than likely someone has put a second hand door on at some point and never changed the lock barrel. Any Ford key can lock any Ford door but obviously only the specific key to the lock can open it again, hence why you can lock but not unlock.
Old 31-05-2013, 12:07 PM
Brett Little
Virgin

thank you mikeyrobbo for your reply i figured this would be the case so new locks all round it is then lol cheers
Old 31-05-2013, 04:10 PM
The Loumiester
ford whore

We have transits at work and I tend wind everyone up by locking there doors with my key lol.

Im from Rochdale to pal, will keep an eye out for a black ka.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:31 AM
Brett Little
Virgin

Originally Posted by The Loumiester
We have transits at work and I tend wind everyone up by locking there doors with my key lol.

Im from Rochdale to pal, will keep an eye out for a black ka.

hahaha its not black anymore its black with red trim parts (bumpers wings fin on top and handles if you see me give us a beep lol )
Old 07-06-2013, 08:24 PM
The Loumiester
ford whore

Originally Posted by Brett Little
hahaha its not black anymore its black with red trim parts (bumpers wings fin on top and handles if you see me give us a beep lol )
Likewise if you see a Black ST170.
Old 19-06-2013, 11:03 AM
Brett Little
Virgin

hi there just a quick update to anyone whos commented it was not the locking barrel its self but the metal rods the pull and push from the mech to the locking barrel apparently there is a common fault with them and they for some reason stop working and or break mine has just stopped working for some reason so what i did was goto the scrappers and get a newish lol one and mine and the one from the scrappers are the same (so i was puzzled) so i took the one for the4 door handle aswell and fashioned it to look the same as the original one but slightly longer (as the prob was it was not reashing far enough to the bottom to unlock) so as i made it bigger it kind of worked twice but then broke my new locking barrel so now i am out of ideas lol anyone help me with this same prob lol