Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

Any Welders in the house?

Search this Thread

Old 25-05-2017, 10:15 PM
Robsters
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Welders in the house?

Hello

I am looking for a welder, i bought some new rear arches off ebay for my mk5 fiesta sadly welder i was going to use has not got back to me so i am on the look out for anyone who can help me cut and weld these in for a fair price. based near reading berkshire but i am happy to travel with the car and parts
Old 26-05-2017, 09:24 PM
zetaboostboy522bhp
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 119 Likes on 101 Posts

That will take days even weeks to sort , cutting neat will take time and then welding them in will take hours as you will need to do it very slow to stop the panels from warping through the heat. Then he welds will need dressing back , filling and priming and even painting if you want the complete job

Hope this helps

Cheers paul
Old 27-05-2017, 11:39 PM
Robsters
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zetaboostboy522bhp
That will take days even weeks to sort , cutting neat will take time and then welding them in will take hours as you will need to do it very slow to stop the panels from warping through the heat. Then he welds will need dressing back , filling and priming and even painting if you want the complete job

Hope this helps

Cheers paul
do u know anyone who can do the job and do the job well?
Old 28-05-2017, 06:55 AM
zetaboostboy522bhp
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 119 Likes on 101 Posts

Any decent body shop around your way should be able to do it , look at reviews online and go see some of there work.

Cheers Paul